Cluster Insight With OCTIO
– In OCTIO, our main focus is to provide high value for our customers by delivering the most accurate and reliable data achievable. At the moment, our DrillWatch and gWatch offerings have very high priority, says Leon Løvheim.
Cluster insight is a column where we ask six questions to catch a glimpse into the daily business-lives of our cluster partners and members.
This week, we spoke with Leon Løvheim to learn more about him and his work in OCTIO; a company that provides flexible geophysical monitoring solutions, tailored to optimally fit every specific project.
1. What is your role in OCTIO?
As CTO, I am responsible for technology development in OCTIO.
2. Your main focus at work right now is?
In OCTIO, our main focus is to provide high value for our customers by delivering the most accurate and reliable data achievable. At the moment, our DrillWatch and gWatch offerings have very high priority.
For offshore drilling operations, the DrillWatch service offers unparalleled accuracy in drillbit localization as well as continuous integrity monitoring and ability to look ahead of the drillbit. With our gWatch surveys this summer, we achieved world records in repeatability for measurements of gravity and depth data in the offshore environment.
3. Biggest challenge for your company in the future?
Our main challenge is to scale our operations both locally and internationally. In addition to increasing our sales and marketing footprint, we also need to grow our operational capacity while maintaining our competitive edge. We want to continue to deliver the best services and underlying technology, thus we need to push the boundaries by developing new and smarter solutions.
4. Best part of being member in a cluster
GCE Ocean Technology provides a great networking arena and assistance in the pursuit of new ideas and technologies. The pre-project funding we were awarded was invaluable when we were launching our DrillWatch service a few years back.
Moreover, I would like to mention the new Scale-up programme by GCE Ocean Technology, BI, MIT and VIS. This was quite timely and proved to be very useful for OCTIO as we were planning our scale-up strategies for some of our services.
5. Your business motto
Having spent many years working in California, one of my favorite quotes from that time, said to originate from Xerox’s Palo Alto Research Center, is; The best way to predict the future is to invent it. For me, this translates to a never-ending pursuit of new ideas and technologies that can help OCTIO solve our customer’s problems and provide smarter monitoring solutions!
6. Which cluster member should we interview next?
Thank you for the insight Leon.
Learn more about OCTIO.
Cluster Insight With Servi Group
– We are now focusing on energy-saving systems and improvement of the carbon footprint. We call this our "green technology”, says Bjarte Oldervoll. C ...
Cluster Insight With Kuehne + Nagel
– In the future, the B2B customers will make decisions and transactions online and it should be just as intuitive and easy to book air cargo as bookin ...
Cluster Insight With Hellenes Group
– We want to create a functional technology cluster at our yard in Førde, involving education at all levels including the youth project; Reodorklubben ...
Cluster Insight With Waveco
Inge Bakke has invented a wave power concept to create green energy from ocean waves. He predicts that wave power will be highly relevant in the futur ...
Cluster Insight With Air Liquide
Siver Stendahl from Air Liquide is currently opening a new facility at Risavik Havn in Tananger as well as working on their one-stop shop concept for ...
Cluster Insight With Xylem Analytics
– Xylem’s motto is “Let’s Solve Water” and we provide solutions to water related issues such as floods, lack of clean water and in general for the ent ...
Cluster Insight With Fieldmade
– As we were recently accepted in to the Techstars Energy program we are looking forward to the next few months, getting under the hood and engaging f ...
Cluster Insight With Heavelock
– Data availability is still an issue, and especially so in drilling, but fortunately we see increased willingness to share data and put it to good us ...
Cluster Insight With Pro Well Plan
– It is not easy to introduce changes to the oil and gas industry and their established work processes and way of thinking, says Cathrine Eide at Pro ...
Cluster Insight With Metas
– Through cooperation with our partner, Equinor, we are installing the first full scale pilot of our subsea Wide Area Active Monitoring system (WAAM) ...
Cluster Insight With Swire Seabed
– Our main challenge is to fully realize what changes we will face in the near future with respect to development of Artificial Intelligence; Machine ...
Cluster Insight With NUI
– To win you must participate, says Rolf Røssland who recently invested heavily in two very large hyperbaric pressure chamber systems with a working p ...
Cluster Insight With Mekatronikk
– We have developed our own unique solutions based on blockchain and digital twins. The introduction of this into the marketplace is what takes up mos ...
Cluster Insight With NORCE
Kari Marvik was elected one of Norway's 50 leading technology women by ODA and Abelia in 2019 – smart sensors and ocean-driven autonomous drones are p ...
Cluster Insight With CCB Subsea
– Our focus is to stimulate competition and thus the cost level in our market, says Nils Fredrik Fjærvik. He led CCB Subsea from «ground zero» in 2016 ...