Cluster Insight With Servi Group
– We are now focusing on energy-saving systems and improvement of the carbon footprint. We call this our "green technology”, says Bjarte Oldervoll.
Cluster insight is a column where we ask six questions to catch a glimpse into the daily business-lives of the cluster partners and members.
In last week’s Cluster Insight we spoke with Agnar Hellenes from Hellenes Group, who sent the baton over to Bjarte Oldervoll in Servi Group; a company providing sustainable solutions with green technology.
1. What is your role in Servi Group?
Key Account Manager.
2. Your main focus at work right now is?
We are always stretching to meet customer needs and improve the customer's products. Due to good interplay and interaction between our various disciplines, we have recently focused on energy-saving systems and improvement of the carbon footprint. We call this our "green technology.
3. Biggest challenges for Servi Group in the future?
As Norway's leading supplier and manufacturer of hydraulic equipment, it is a challenge for us that the world is moving more towards electrical systems. In order to meet these challenges we developed the Servi Hybrid Drive, a fully enclosed system with only electrical connection, but which retains the characteristics of hydraulics such as high forces and damping. When we stop a hybrid we go down towards 0 in added energy. This has a significant effect on the energy accounts. With this, we can offer a cost-effective system that can easily be integrated into the customer's own system.
4. Best part of being member in a cluster
We get to expand our network, collaborate and share experiences with other cluster members.
5. Your business motto
The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low prices are forgotten (Benjamin Franklin).
6. Which cluster member should we interview next?
Thank you for the insight Bjarte.
Learn more about Servi Group.
Cluster Insight With Kuehne + Nagel
– In the future, the B2B customers will make decisions and transactions online and it should be just as intuitive and easy to book air cargo as bookin ...
Cluster Insight With Hellenes Group
– We want to create a functional technology cluster at our yard in Førde, involving education at all levels including the youth project; Reodorklubben ...
Cluster Insight With Waveco
Inge Bakke has invented a wave power concept to create green energy from ocean waves. He predicts that wave power will be highly relevant in the futur ...
Cluster Insight With Air Liquide
Siver Stendahl from Air Liquide is currently opening a new facility at Risavik Havn in Tananger as well as working on their one-stop shop concept for ...
Cluster Insight With Xylem Analytics
– Xylem’s motto is “Let’s Solve Water” and we provide solutions to water related issues such as floods, lack of clean water and in general for the ent ...