Cluster Insight With Fieldmade
– As we were recently accepted in to the Techstars Energy program we are looking forward to the next few months, getting under the hood and engaging full time with the energy sector, says Christian Duun Norberg from Fieldmade.
Cluster insight is a column where we ask six questions to catch a glimpse into the daily business-lives of the cluster partners and members.
In last week’s Cluster Insight we spoke with Dmitri Gorski from Heavelock, who sent the baton over to Christian Duun Norberg in Fieldmade; a start-up company that was recently admitted to join the prestigious Techstar Energy Programme. Fieldmade create innovative solutions to complex problems based on cutting edge Additive Manufacturing technology and software solutions.
What is your role in Fieldmade?Founder and CEO, leading the company from ideation through the start-up phase, building the organisation and securing adequate resources, developing products and services as well as establishing the first market foothold.
Your main focus at work right now is?Fieldmade`s ambition is to move the transformational Additive Manufacturing (AM) technology into logistics, this from a - “dreamer” phase to the “doer” phase. With this, we are currently focused on developing our processes, models and technology that support an end-to-end “AM-as-a-service” solution. Thus, enable our customers to take full advantage of the technological potential and transform the costly affair of upholding large physical warehouses. Moreover, Fieldmade is currently engaged by the Norwegian MoD, verifying and testing our concept and technology in addition to demonstrating its value in real world cases. As we were recently accepted in to the Techstars Energy program we are looking forward to the next few months, getting under the hood and engaging full time with the energy sector.
Biggest challenges for Fieldmade in the future?Our biggest challenge in the short to mid-term perspective is acceptance, this with regards to technology, established models and processes. We are a newcomer, with new ideas, focusing on applied use of a “newish” technology that is still establishing its industrial foothold. It is no easy task, yet it is highly rewarding materialising our ideas, seeing it gaining increasingly more traction.
Best part of being member in a clusterFirst and foremost, engaging with passionate people, such as the GCE Ocean Technology team, always willing to promote new ideas and create meaningful synergies. With this offering great arenas and access to a large and targeted industry network.
Your business motto“Opportunities don’t happen. You create them”.
Which cluster member should we interview next?Eelume AS
Thank you for the insight Christian.
Learn more about Fieldmade.
Fieldmade Selected to Join Prestigious Programme
Fieldmade, a start-up company in our cluster, has been selected as one of ten companies among hundreds of applicants across the world to partake in th ...
Fieldmade Won Subsea Upcoming Company of the Year
This year's winner of the Subsea Upcoming Company of the Year Award is pushing the evolution of spare part production and physical inventory. The awar ...
Cluster Insight With Heavelock
– Data availability is still an issue, and especially so in drilling, but fortunately we see increased willingness to share data and put it to good us ...
Cluster Insight With Pro Well Plan
– It is not easy to introduce changes to the oil and gas industry and their established work processes and way of thinking, says Cathrine Eide at Pro ...
Cluster Insight With Metas
– Through cooperation with our partner, Equinor, we are installing the first full scale pilot of our subsea Wide Area Active Monitoring system (WAAM) ...
Cluster Insight With Swire Seabed
– Our main challenge is to fully realize what changes we will face in the near future with respect to development of Artificial Intelligence; Machine ...
Cluster Insight With NUI
– To win you must participate, says Rolf Røssland who recently invested heavily in two very large hyperbaric pressure chamber systems with a working p ...
Cluster Insight With Mekatronikk
– We have developed our own unique solutions based on blockchain and digital twins. The introduction of this into the marketplace is what takes up mos ...
Cluster Insight With NORCE
Kari Marvik was elected one of Norway's 50 leading technology women by ODA and Abelia in 2019 – smart sensors and ocean-driven autonomous drones are p ...
Cluster Insight With CCB Subsea
– Our focus is to stimulate competition and thus the cost level in our market, says Nils Fredrik Fjærvik. He led CCB Subsea from «ground zero» in 2016 ...