Cluster Insight With Pro Well Plan
– It is not easy to introduce changes to the oil and gas industry and their established work processes and way of thinking, says Cathrine Eide at Pro Well Plan.
Cluster insight is a column where we ask six questions to catch a glimpse into the daily business-lives of the cluster partners and members.
In a recent Cluster Insight we spoke with Michael Smith, CEO from Metas, who sent the baton over to Cathrine Eide at Pro Well Plan; a company that delivers software to improve and simplify well planning and operations.
What is your role in Pro Well PlanMy main title is Sales Manager, but as for other smaller projects I take part in other aspects as well. My main focus is customer success, business development and marketing
Your main focus at work right now is?My main focus at the moment is customers both in Norway and Houston. We just finished a project in the Gulf of Mexico with a large operator and we are working towards increasing our presence there. In addition, we keep developing and launching new, unique features in our software which will be implemented into our customers' work processes.
Biggest challenges for Pro Well Plan in the future?It is not easy to introduce changes to the oil and gas industry and their established work processes and way of thinking. We challenge the manual well planning process by providing answers and more insight into the data than the engineers are able to get in a manual process. With new unique features like machine learning models and deep analyses, the product itself is already wanted and accepted by the end-users, the well planning engineers. Still, I consider one of the biggest challenges to be the acceptance of change.
Best part of being member in a clusterWe are invited to relevant and amazing workshops and seminars. There, we meet other companies in similar situations and larger established companies who can become our inspiration.
Your business mottoI don’t have a business motto, but after more than two years here at Pro Well Plan, I have learned a lot about myself both in life and work-related. One lesson is to take all experiences, both good and bad, as a chance to learn and grow. A second thing is to keep expanding my comfort zone, which has opened up for so many scary and exciting opportunities.
Which cluster member should we interview next?Heavelock
Thank you for the insight Cathrine.
Learn more about Pro Well Plan.
Cluster Insight With Metas
– Through cooperation with our partner, Equinor, we are installing the first full scale pilot of our subsea Wide Area Active Monitoring system (WAAM) ...
Cluster Insight With Swire Seabed
– Our main challenge is to fully realize what changes we will face in the near future with respect to development of Artificial Intelligence; Machine ...
Cluster Insight With NUI
– To win you must participate, says Rolf Røssland who recently invested heavily in two very large hyperbaric pressure chamber systems with a working p ...
Cluster Insight With Mekatronikk
– We have developed our own unique solutions based on blockchain and digital twins. The introduction of this into the marketplace is what takes up mos ...
Cluster Insight With NORCE
Kari Marvik was elected one of Norway's 50 leading technology women by ODA and Abelia in 2019 – smart sensors and ocean-driven autonomous drones are p ...
Cluster Insight With CCB Subsea
– Our focus is to stimulate competition and thus the cost level in our market, says Nils Fredrik Fjærvik. He led CCB Subsea from «ground zero» in 2016 ...