GCE Ocean Technology
GCE Ocean Technology was established in 2006 in Bergen, Norway and is an industry driven initiative within ocean technology with more than 120 partners and members.
The cluster develops and supplies innovative ocean technology within a wide range of applications, including:
- Subsea oil and gas production
- Marine renewable energy production
- Marine food production
- Exploration of marine mineral resources.
The combination of our cluster partners and members is based on the 5-stakeholder model and includes:
- Risk capital providers
- Research and development (R&D) environments
- Public agencies
This is making the cluster an optimal innovative ecosystem and a global knowledge hub.
Key Strategic Focus Areas
The following five key strategic focus areas have been established:
- Market – Succeeding in the global energy market and developing solutions beyond oil and gas. Increasing knowledge about the global ocean industry market.
- Competence and Infrastructure – Attracting talents, develop competence and offer advanced infrastructure.
- Technology – Stimulating technology development
- Entrepreneurship and Business Development – Attracting capital and investors. Creating new entrepreneurs and growing businesses.
- Digitalisation and Supply Chain Innovation – Digitalisation and improvement of work- and production processes throughout the supply chain.
Learn more about us in our strategy.