GCE Ocean Technology
GCE Ocean Technology is an industry driven initiative for the strengthening and internationalisation of business, research and education for its Norwegian ocean technology cluster.
Main Objective and Purpose
The GCE Ocean Technology cluster project’s main objective is: collaboration in order to strengthen the ocean cluster’s competitive advantages in the global market, realise sustainable growth and create value. Furthermore, the GCE Ocean Technology facilitator will be a driving force for increased knowledge and innovation collaboration among the members/partners, and towards national and international clusters.
The purpose of GCE Ocean Technology is to:
- strengthen innovation
- increase international involvement and increase capacity
- competitiveness and value creation among the members/partners in the cluster as well as the cluster as a whole.
GCE Ocean Technology will facilitate the development of the subsea cluster both according to the cluster's vision and objectives, and in relation to the GCE programme's framework and ambitions. Thus, GCE Ocean Technology is considered as a means of support for development of the cluster within defined and targeted areas.
Key Strategic Focus Areas
The following five key strategic focus areas have been established:
- Market – Succeeding in the global energy market and developing solutions beyond oil and gas. Increasing knowledge about the global ocean industry market.
- Competence and Infrastructure – Attracting talents, develop competence and offer advanced infrastructure.
- Technology – Stimulating technology development
- Entrepreneurship and Business Development – Attracting capital and investors. Creating new entrepreneurs and growing businesses.
- Digitalisation and Supply Chain Innovation – Digitalisation and improvement of work- and production processes throughout the supply chain.
Some of our key services include:
- Dissemination of knowledge
- Projects and activities that increase the members' knowledge and expertise
- Joint research, development and innovation (RDI) projects
- Projects and activities that support members operating in global markets
- Business development programmes that support start-ups and growth companies