Cluster Insight With Hellenes Group
– We want to create a functional technology cluster at our yard in Førde, involving education at all levels including the youth project; Reodorklubben and various businesses located at the yard and in the vicinity of the yard, says Agnar Hellenes.
Cluster insight is a column where we ask six questions to catch a glimpse into the daily business-lives of our cluster partners and members.
In our last column, we spoke with Inge Bakke from Waveco who sent the baton over to the Hellenes Group, so this week, we have interviewed Agnar Hellenes to learn more about him and his work.
1. What is your role in Hellenes?
Formally, I am the CEO of Hellenes AS, Hellenes Produksjon AS and Hellenes Yard AS, but I prefer to present myself as CTO or simply “inventor” or “problem fixer”. One of the challenges we are currently trying to fix, is how to create a functional technology cluster at our yard in Førde, involving education at all levels including the youth project; Reodorklubben and various businesses located at the yard and in the vicinity of the yard.
2. Your main focus at work right now is?
We have developed a new thermal process solution for treatment of drilling waste and other waste/surplus sources, such as waste from aquaculture and municipal sludge. I am now focused on market introduction within the drilling waste management market, where we believe that our technologies and solutions have the potential of being world leading. We are also looking into how the technology can become a preferred solution in other industries, since we can use surplus/waste heat as the main energy contributor to the process.
3. Biggest challenges for Hellenes in the future?
The biggest challenge right now is finding a sustainable balance between our commercial vision and goals and our visions and goals of being an important contributor to regional development. The future will be full of challenges, but we seldom look upon those as anything else than reasons for finding good solutions. We will probably need much more people, but our experience is that if the jobs are interesting enough, Sunnfjord is a perfect place to live and work.
4. Best part of being member in a cluster
Hellenes is a GCE Ocean Technology member, a member in Hub for Ocean and a NORWEP partner. The memberships extend our networks and secures visibility regionally, nationally and internationally. In the last few years we have not had the capacity to benefit fully from such memberships, but we aim at becoming more active in the future.
5. Your business or life motto
“Make things as simple as possible, but not simpler (Albert Einstein). Alternatively; “It is a good thing to earn money on contributing to solving global resource challenges”.
6. Which cluster member should we interview next?
Servi Group. Servi has been a significant contributor to Reodorklubbens flight simulator project and has a business philosophy that we like.
Thank you for the insight Agnar.
Learn more about Hellenes Group.
Cluster Insight With Waveco
Inge Bakke has invented a wave power concept to create green energy from ocean waves. He predicts that wave power will be highly relevant in the futur ...
Cluster Insight With Air Liquide
Siver Stendahl from Air Liquide is currently opening a new facility at Risavik Havn in Tananger as well as working on their one-stop shop concept for ...
Cluster Insight With Xylem Analytics
– Xylem’s motto is “Let’s Solve Water” and we provide solutions to water related issues such as floods, lack of clean water and in general for the ent ...
Cluster Insight With Fieldmade
– As we were recently accepted in to the Techstars Energy program we are looking forward to the next few months, getting under the hood and engaging f ...
Cluster Insight With Heavelock
– Data availability is still an issue, and especially so in drilling, but fortunately we see increased willingness to share data and put it to good us ...
Cluster Insight With Pro Well Plan
– It is not easy to introduce changes to the oil and gas industry and their established work processes and way of thinking, says Cathrine Eide at Pro ...
Cluster Insight With Metas
– Through cooperation with our partner, Equinor, we are installing the first full scale pilot of our subsea Wide Area Active Monitoring system (WAAM) ...
Cluster Insight With NORCE
Kari Marvik was elected one of Norway's 50 leading technology women by ODA and Abelia in 2019 – smart sensors and ocean-driven autonomous drones are p ...
Cluster Insight With Mekatronikk
– We have developed our own unique solutions based on blockchain and digital twins. The introduction of this into the marketplace is what takes up mos ...
Cluster Insight With Swire Seabed
– Our main challenge is to fully realize what changes we will face in the near future with respect to development of Artificial Intelligence; Machine ...
Cluster Insight With NUI
– To win you must participate, says Rolf Røssland who recently invested heavily in two very large hyperbaric pressure chamber systems with a working p ...
Cluster Insight With CCB Subsea
– Our focus is to stimulate competition and thus the cost level in our market, says Nils Fredrik Fjærvik. He led CCB Subsea from «ground zero» in 2016 ...