Cluster Insight with Imenco
– A world in change is a huge opportunity, and we see enormous potential within many segments, however it is a challenge to understand the political signals, says CEO Rune Bringedal.
Cluster Insight is a column where we ask six questions to catch a glimpse into the daily business-lives of the partners and members of GCE Ocean Technology.
In a recent column, Westcon Yards sent the baton over to Imenco, so this week we spoke with Rune Bringedal to learn more about him, and his work at Imenco – an international group of companies working mainly within offshore oil and gas, offshore renewables, aquaculture, marine & naval and industrial markets.
1. What is your role in Imenco?
I have the extremely exciting and challenging role as the CEO of Imenco.
2. Your primary focus at work right now is?
To facilitate significant growth through technology both organically and supporting startup and acquisitions when there are opportunities. Moreover, making sure we continue to deliver smart innovation that supports the green transitioning through our different business lines.
I have to specifically mention subsea electronics where there is lots of new stuff going on.
3. Biggest challenges and opportunities for Imenco in the future?
A world in change is a huge opportunity, and we see enormous potential within many segments. The only challenge I see, is how to understand the political signals:
We were challenged by the government, to increase the export of products and technology as Norway needs more export in general. Thus, we have lined up and invested quite significantly last year. However now, with all the different changes, or proposed changes, it makes us think twice as we might need to be more careful when the framework conditions are less stable.
4. Best part of being member in a cluster?
We have been much more active the last few years and used the opportunity of the cluster's events to meet others, talk and maybe more importantly, to listen to what’s ongoing around us.
Joining the Ocean Tech Scaling Program gave us valuable knowledge and motivation, so thanks to GCE Ocean Technology for arranging that.
5. Your business/life motto
To have clear Goals, build Knowledge and make sure you have loads of Enthusiasm in your team.
6. Which cluster member should we interview next?
We see more activity towards deep sea minerals so maybe Adepth Minerals has something to tell us.
Thank you for the insight Rune.
Cluster Insight with TESS
– TESS Remote Loading is highly relevant and requested from the market to enable existing and future demands within chemical loading. During September ...
Cluster Insight with Westcon Yards
– As we start the fabrication and installation of Sea Twirl’s pilot wind turbine concept; this can hopefully bring work to Norwegian suppliers thus a ...
Cluster Insight with Nicoustic
– More or less every operator on the Norwegian continental shelf that I have spoken with, have shown interest in our novel technology for non-intrusiv ...
Cluster Insight with Havkraft
Havkraft has developed and patented wave power plants that are preparing for the global energy market and people are now more than welcome to invest i ...
Cluster Insight with USEA
– We have developed new technology that makes the ultimate AUV-USV integration possible in a fully automated way which enables us to run offshore surv ...
Cluster Insight with MinerAll
– Improved sub-surface mapping is the number one priority to assess the resources and business potential of deep-sea minerals, and coring technology i ...
Cluster Insight with DeepOcean
– We are working with a number of projects which will have an enormous impact on the way we are working – like our Remote Operations Centre for ROV’s, ...
Cluster Insight with GAIA Global
– We function as an accelerator for small and medium-sized technology providers, making the establishment of new sales channels more efficient and wit ...
Cluster Insight with Shearwater GeoServices
– Seismic imaging has never been only a tool for oil and gas, it can be reused in many applications like: site investigations, structural monitoring a ...
Cluster Insight with Green Minerals
– We are dedicated to contributing to the green shift by finding and producing critical minerals and metals needed for the electrification of our ener ...