Cluster Insight with TESS
– TESS Remote Loading is highly relevant and requested from the market to enable existing and future demands within chemical loading. During September and October, we have tested the full-scale unit to the next TRL levels, says Lars-Otto Fredriksen, Director Fluid conveyance.
Cluster Insight is a column where we ask six questions to catch a glimpse into the daily business-lives of the partners and members of GCE Ocean Technology.
This week we have spoken with Lars-Otto Fredriksen to learn more about him, and his work at TESS as – a company that has specialized in hoses for all purposes for over 50 years and a leading supplier of operation and maintenance products in Norway.
1. What is your role in TESS?
My role in TESS, for almost 25 years, has always been related to hoses and fluid conveyance systems. Formally my role is Director Fluid Conveyance.
2. Your primary focus at work right now is?
TESS has appointed 2022 as the year of hoses, and I have a broad focus to secure TESS’s position as the market leader in hose business. First and foremost, as a Total solution provider.
Our TESS Remote Loading concept, which I’m highly involved in, shows our know-how, experience, innovation and the technology necessary to support our clients’ expectations.
To be able to obtain the targets of low- or periodically unmanned platforms, as well as fish farms; a Remote Loading system for chemicals is a must.
3. Biggest challenges and opportunities for TESS in the future?
Our biggest challenge is probably being able to keep and attract the best employees. The people are always the ones making the company – and we need to secure a good knowledge level and positive development among our employees.
When it comes to the biggest opportunity for TESS I would say; our willingness and engagement to always develop and introduce cost effective solutions for our clients.
During the last decade, including recessions, a pandemic and highly unstable global markets, our company looks forwards. We have- and will adapt rapidly to any changes coming our way.
4. Best part of being member in a cluster?
Being a member of GCE Ocean Technology helps us all to build a broader understanding and knowledge within the theme. Being ahead in the market, includes learning and sharing even with your biggest competitors!
5. Your business/life motto
Carpe Diem (seize the day). Especially taking into consideration what has happened in the world the last few years.
6. Which cluster member should we interview next?
The development and important technology within wind industry is very interesting, hence I would like to read the thoughts and plans in Aker Offshore Wind.
Thank you for the insight Lars-Otto.
Cluster Insight with Westcon Yards
– As we start the fabrication and installation of Sea Twirl’s pilot wind turbine concept; this can hopefully bring work to Norwegian suppliers thus a ...
Cluster Insight with Nicoustic
– More or less every operator on the Norwegian continental shelf that I have spoken with, have shown interest in our novel technology for non-intrusiv ...
Cluster Insight with Havkraft
Havkraft has developed and patented wave power plants that are preparing for the global energy market and people are now more than welcome to invest i ...
Cluster Insight with Odfjell Oceanwind
– Our long-term plan is to become a leading solution provider to floating wind parks like ScotWind and Utsira Nord, says Kenneth Fossøy. Cluster Ins ...
Cluster Insight with USEA
– We have developed new technology that makes the ultimate AUV-USV integration possible in a fully automated way which enables us to run offshore surv ...
Cluster Insight with MinerAll
– Improved sub-surface mapping is the number one priority to assess the resources and business potential of deep-sea minerals, and coring technology i ...
Cluster Insight with DeepOcean
– We are working with a number of projects which will have an enormous impact on the way we are working – like our Remote Operations Centre for ROV’s, ...
Cluster Insight with GAIA Global
– We function as an accelerator for small and medium-sized technology providers, making the establishment of new sales channels more efficient and wit ...
Cluster Insight with Shearwater GeoServices
– Seismic imaging has never been only a tool for oil and gas, it can be reused in many applications like: site investigations, structural monitoring a ...
Cluster Insight with Green Minerals
– We are dedicated to contributing to the green shift by finding and producing critical minerals and metals needed for the electrification of our ener ...