Cluster Insight with GAIA Global
– We function as an accelerator for small and medium-sized technology providers, making the establishment of new sales channels more efficient and with less risk, says Erik Hannisdal from GAIA.
Cluster Insight is a column where we ask six questions to catch a glimpse into the daily business-lives of the partners and members of GCE Ocean Technology.
Glex, has sent the baton over to GAIA Global, so this week we have spoken with Erik Hannisdal, to learn more about him and his work in GAIA – a company that delivers a global sales platform to develop and manage internationalization process of technology.
1. What is your role in GAIA Global?
I am the Founder and Executive Chairman of GAIA.
2. Your primary focus at work right now is?
My focus is currently to introduce the GAIA Global sales platform concept to the energy and maritime industries, and to continue to develop the software that enables technology suppliers to connect and sell through a global network of qualified Sales Partners.
Our team launched GAIA on September 1st last year with four main components - data-driven Sales Partner search, interactive contract development, risk management framework, and a module unifying the global sales opportunities in one place.
I am working closely with our clients in real cases, who is selling in international markets using GAIA. Our focus now is to ensure that our clients get value from day 1, but also to work together with them to further develop the GAIA Platform with new features.
3. Biggest challenges and opportunities for GAIA Global in the future?
We enable reduced time-to-market for new technology, and this is as relevant as ever in the Energy and Maritime industries. Also, the need for greener alternatives to reach the global marketplace is more urgent than ever, and for that we need innovation for the internationalization process.
Technology providers in traditional industries are in need of modern tools to get their product and services into new markets efficiently. GAIA is the first SaaS (software as a service) platform in the world that automates repetitive steps in the internationalization process and reduce the overall cost of sales for the suppliers.
At the same time, we function as an accelerator for small and medium-sized technology providers, making the establishment of new sales channels more efficient and with less risk.
Thanks to our software, the supplier can have multiple sales partners around the world, and easily manage every interaction with each partner: Everything from sharing sales materials, receiving sales opportunities, managing contract changes, auto-tracking commissions in the won opportunities etc. Features we have built into one platform as a unique combination of tools and this is both our unique selling point, but also the challenge as a new SaaS solution.
Currently, all sales related interactions and contracts are spread across different tools like mailboxes, cloud services, internal CRMs, Doc- and Excel files, local servers etc. It means that GAIA has to teach the existing industry to use a new intelligent platform and drop the old and scattered “bad” habits, and at the same time offer transparency and compliance tools that will have high value when doing business in challenging new markets. As for most innovations, creating change is heavy lifting which is both the opportunity and the challenge for us.
4. Best part of being member in GCE Ocean Technology?
We have been very pleased with the support we have received from the cluster, even before our soft launch and it really made a difference. The proactive attitude to connect into the network and activities.
There is an obvious win-win to work with technology companies with international potential and ambitions. We appreciate the high level of webinars we have attended and the open space for interesting discussions we have been part of. This again leads to 1-to-1 follow up meetings, experience exchange and cooperation towards other cluster members.
5. Your business/life motto
Luck is a key element in both life and business, and in becoming successful, and luck is created when hard work, competence and preparation meets opportunity!
6. Which cluster member should we interview next?
Thank you for the insight Erik.
A global sales platform to develop and manage internationalization process of technology. GAIA stands for Global Acceleration Innovation and Access.
Established in Bergen, Norway, in 2020.
GAIA is created for suppliers with ambition to expand to new segments and markets globally safer and cost effectively.
Main features are data-driven Sales Partner search, intelligent custom-termsheet generator, product management hub, contract cloud, global opportunity and sales activity hub, automatic commission tracking, ABC-compliance program for all partners.
Cluster Insight with Shearwater GeoServices
– Seismic imaging has never been only a tool for oil and gas, it can be reused in many applications like: site investigations, structural monitoring a ...
Cluster Insight with Green Minerals
– We are dedicated to contributing to the green shift by finding and producing critical minerals and metals needed for the electrification of our ener ...
Cluster Insight with TGS
– The New Energy Solutions team at TGS is repurposing our vast database and know-how for the renewable energy market - adding products, services and p ...
Cluster Insight with CGG
– Our geoscience data, technologies and expertise can play an increasingly important role in the energy transition to a low carbon future. This is why ...
Cluster Insight with Møllerodden
– We are experiencing great success with companies performing lifting operations in an environmentally friendly way and saving costs with our INOShack ...
Cluster Insight with ADEPTH Minerals
– We are on a super exciting journey, taking part in developing a new company and a new industry in Norway, with the main goal of creating value throu ...
Cluster Insight with shAIRskills
We should all think a bit more like Pippi Longstocking, according to Ida T. Sætersdal who advocates the sharing of employees and know-how through shAI ...
Cluster Insight with WindSpider
The WindSpider crane uses the tower of the wind turbine itself as a base for the crane, thus offering safe and powerful lifting capabilities at signif ...
Cluster Insight with Capgemini
– My role is new within Capgemini, and it demonstrates our focus as a company to make a green impact, says Gunnulf Rasmussen, Director of Ocean Techno ...
Cluster Insight With PSW
– Together with SubC Solutions, we have developed a subsea electrical valve actuator (EVA) and we expect this product to take a major role within subs ...