Cluster Insight With PSW
– Together with SubC Solutions, we have developed a subsea electrical valve actuator (EVA) and we expect this product to take a major role within subsea electrification in the years to come, says Eirik Sørensen in PSW Power & Automation.
Cluster Insight is a column where we ask six questions to catch a glimpse into the daily business-lives of the partners and members of GCE Ocean Technology.
In a recent column, Asgeir Salen from SubC Solutions sent the baton over to PSW, so this week, we spoke with Eirik Sørensen, to learn more about him and his work at PSW Power & Automation. A company that offers complete power systems within offshore, marine and landbased industry.
1. What is your role in PSW?
I have the position as General manager in PSW Power & Automation and work closely with the rest of the management team as well as our engineering, R&D and production resources. I am also involved in sales and customer relations.
2. Your primary focus at work right now is?
PSW Power & Automation is a leading company within advanced power systems and my primary focus right now is to take advantage of our company’s already strong position towards the energy market and ongoing electrification of the industry.
As a result, both offshore, marine and landbased industry experience an extreme transformation these days and the industry is willing to adapt to new technologies. Hence, my main focus right now, is to develop our organisation and product range to take a leading role in this major future market.
3. Biggest challenges and opportunities for PSW in the future?
Our company is today a leading provider of shore power systems worldwide and the increased focus on CO2 reductions and energy optimalization has given us many opportunities with both shore power systems and energy storage systems.
We started early with the development of our shore power solutions; years before the market was ready and today it is one of our most important business areas.
Our challenge now, will be developing smart solutions that give us new business opportunities for the future, so together with our innovative partner SubC Solutions AS, we have developed a product called a subsea electrical valve actuator (EVA). We expect this product to take a major role within subsea electrification in the years to come, and I believe that, both our cooperation with SubC Solutions and the EVA product will result in many opportunities for our company in the future.
4. Best part of being member in a cluster?
GCE Ocean Technology can be a great arena for networking and business relations, and although we have not made the most out of our membership yet, we see the value of being a member in a cluster like this.
The interaction between different branches within our industry is important for future development between companies, something GCE Ocean Technology facilitates.
5. Your business motto
Making long term business relations and strong cooperation between companies will increase the chance for success.
6. Which cluster member should we interview next?
Thank you for the insight Eirik.
PSW Power & Automation provide complete power systems within offshore, marine and landbased industry.
We focus on sustainable solutions and provide custom made products and turnkey solutions.
The company has specialized in the following segments:
• Shore power solutions
• Hybride and energy storage systems
• Topside and subsea control systems
• Frequency converters and transformers
• Electrical specialists within offshore, yard, marine and landbased industry
Cluster Insight With SubC Solutions
Despite challenging times under Covid-19, SubC Solutions are expanding their organisation, hiring new employees and working with several new projects ...
Cluster Insight With Corvus Energy
– In partnership with Toyota, we will develop and produce fuel cells in Bergen, Norway. Fuel-cells combined with batteries will be a game changer, say ...
Cluster Insight With Semco Maritime
– Our primary focus now is expanding our business footprint for our Hanøytangen operations at Askøy in the years to come by focusing on sustainable in ...
Cluster Insight With FourPhase
The industry is facing uncertain times, with an unpredictable oil price at a time when it also needs to evolve, to integrate digital solutions and to ...
Cluster Insight With Earth Science Analytics
We see that our technology can contribute to the green shift within areas such as CO2 storage, marine minerals exploration and production, geothermal ...
Cluster Insight With Bergen Carbon Solutions
This week, we spoke with Jan Børge Sagmo to learn more about him and his work at Bergen Carbon Solutions: A company that produce carbon nanofibers, us ...
Cluster Insight With TESS Vest
– We have increased our inventory and have more than 9 months of supplier goods available. This is to ensure a predictable supply of goods to our cust ...