Cluster Insight With TESS Vest
– We have increased our inventory and have more than 9 months of supplier goods available. This is to ensure a predictable supply of goods to our customers in an uncertain period, says Espen Halland-Johansen from TESS Vest.
Cluster Insight is a column where we ask six questions to catch a glimpse into the daily business-lives of our cluster partners and members.
This week, we spoke with Espen Halland-Johansen from TESS Vest to learn more about him and his work in the company.
1. What is your role in TESS Vest?
I am the Marketing Director of TESS Vest and Segment Director for Oil & Gas activities in the TESS Group.
2. Your main focus at work right now is?
In a challenging market situation, it is important to adapt to this unpredictable situation and make it as predictable and seamless as possible for customers.
We take care of our customers regardless of the circumstances and ensure that they receive their deliveries as agreed.
3. Biggest challenges and opportunities for TESS Vest in the future?
The biggest challenge is how the effect of Covid-19 and the low oil prices will affect our customers' activity, in the short and long term.
When the pandemic hit us in March, TESS took immediate action by placing extraordinary orders with our suppliers. We then increased our inventory and had more than 9 months of supplier goods available. This is to ensure a predictable supply of goods to our customers in an uncertain period.
The tough times have forced us to rethink faster and accelerate our digital development. To meet the new everyday life in a more efficient and sustainable way, TESS combines new technology with our core values.
4. Best part of being member in a cluster
To have access to a very competent network, where we have the opportunity to exchange experience with skilled members from the same industry. In addition, the opportunity to participate in many good events that GCE Ocean Technology organises is a big plus for the members.
5. Your business motto
It’s not a motto but; finding good solutions in collaboration with our customers is something we work with on a daily basis. By the way, E. Jølberg, our inspiring founder and leader of TESS, has a good motto that is nice to follow, which is "If you lose your courage, pick it up again".
6. Which cluster member should we interview next?
There are many to choose from, but the Wergelandgruppa (Holding) has an exciting development, so it would be interesting to know a little more about them.
Thank you for the insight Espen.
Cluster Insight With SubC Solutions
Despite challenging times under Covid-19, SubC Solutions are expanding their organisation, hiring new employees and working with several new projects ...
Cluster Insight With DNB
– Previous crises have shown that to work closely with the clients is vital to finding good solutions in difficult times, says Thomas Johannessen from ...
Cluster Insight With DOF Subsea
– We have been successful in harvesting from the sea for hundreds of years and I am certain that with the geographical position we have as “Norwegians ...
Cluster Insight With Scantrol Deep Vision
– Although there is no guarantee that we will succeed, we think Deep Vision can revolutionize the fisheries as they are practiced today, says Hege Ham ...
Cluster Insight with TechnipFMC
The oil and gas industry is cyclical and the industry is just coming out of a longer downturn, hence we are in a ramp-up phase now, receiving new orde ...
Cluster Insight with Head Energy
– Our main focus right now is making sure our staff is healthy and safe and that we adhere to the infection control measures that are in place during ...
Cluster Insight with Prototech
– The Corona crisis has certainly impacted our operations, but order backlog is record high and our greatest challenge going forward is resource manag ...
Cluster Insight With Norwegian Innovation Technology Group
– Until now there hasn’t existed efficient ways to harvest or fish mesopelagic species without any detrimental effects to the marine environment. We b ...
Cluster Insight with uSEA
– I am convinced that in the not too distant future, our industry will look very different from what it is today. And only if we see the waves beyond ...
Cluster Insight with ASTREA
– Having been a part of the subsea industry for decades I feel that GCE Ocean Technology is the proper forum where I can meet with companies that are ...
Cluster Insight with SOCON
3D printing in metals, use of robotics and laser technology are methods we are trying to adopt as supplements to our existing methods, says Einar Vind ...
Cluster Insight with Birdview
Birdview is looking for financing to be able to recruit manpower that can accommodate a growing demand for their airborne ocean monitoring drone solut ...