Cluster Insight With Norwegian Innovation Technology Group
– Until now there hasn’t existed efficient ways to harvest or fish mesopelagic species without any detrimental effects to the marine environment. We believe that our HARVISH® technology holds the key to unlocking nature’s secrets, says Alistair Pelly.
Cluster Insight is a column where we ask six questions to catch a glimpse into the daily business-lives of our cluster partners and members.
In a recent column, cluster member Scantrol Deep Vision sent the baton over to one of the newest members of our cluster; Norwegian Innovation Technology Group, so this week, we spoke with Alistair Pelly to learn more about him and his work in the company.
1. What is your role in Norwegian Innovation Technology Group?
We are currently a very “lean” organization, so all the responsibility falls on myself as CEO and our Executive Chairman Rolf Kobbeltvedt.
Together we cover everything from product development, patent strategy and sales to meeting potential customers and investors.
2. Your main focus at work right now is?
Our main focus at the moment is two-fold:
1. Ensure that at least one of the ten Calanus (Raudåte) permit holders starts off the Calanus season in 2021 using our HARVISH® technology.
2. Together with our Icelandic partner Eco Marine Iceland and the Icelandic Marine & Freshwater Research Institute, use our HARVISH® technology to kick-start the new emerging krill-fishery in Iceland.
3. Biggest challenges and opportunities for your company in the future?
As a relatively young company our main challenge is securing our first “external” customer.
We are clear in our conviction that as soon as one party is using a HARVISHER®, many others will want to follow suit.
It is just so radically different from using trawls nets. Furthermore, we believe that there are many opportunities HARVISHING® for other species than Krill and Calanus. For example shrimps or one of the many different mesopelagic fishes.
4. Best part of being member in a cluster
We are still very new to being a cluster member, but so far we have had the chance to participate in a few interesting webinars and thoroughly enjoyed reading the newsletters.
We hope that being a cluster member will open doors in the near future.
5. Your business motto
“Unlocking Nature’s secrets!” – The clear message from the Norwegian Institute of Marine Research, for some time now, is that in order to sustainably feed the world we should be looking to utilise the large biomasses of the mesopelagic layers of our oceans.
Until now there hasn’t existed efficient ways to harvest or fish mesopelagic species without any detrimental effects to the marine environment.
We believe that our HARVISH® technology holds the key to unlocking nature’s secrets.
6. Which cluster member should we interview next?
Since we were nominated as one of the latest members, we nominate one of the more experienced members. For example, a member who has been a member for the longest time.
Thank you for the insight Alistair.
Norwegian Innovation Technology Group drives management, development, sales and licensing of technology solutions and technology projects
Their website nitg.com is under construction.
Cluster Insight with uSEA
– I am convinced that in the not too distant future, our industry will look very different from what it is today. And only if we see the waves beyond ...
Cluster Insight With DOF Subsea
– We have been successful in harvesting from the sea for hundreds of years and I am certain that with the geographical position we have as “Norwegians ...
Cluster Insight With Scantrol Deep Vision
– Although there is no guarantee that we will succeed, we think Deep Vision can revolutionize the fisheries as they are practiced today, says Hege Ham ...
Cluster Insight with Head Energy
– Our main focus right now is making sure our staff is healthy and safe and that we adhere to the infection control measures that are in place during ...
Cluster Insight with ASTREA
– Having been a part of the subsea industry for decades I feel that GCE Ocean Technology is the proper forum where I can meet with companies that are ...
Cluster Insight with Prototech
– The Corona crisis has certainly impacted our operations, but order backlog is record high and our greatest challenge going forward is resource manag ...
Cluster Insight with SOCON
3D printing in metals, use of robotics and laser technology are methods we are trying to adopt as supplements to our existing methods, says Einar Vind ...
Cluster Insight with TechnipFMC
The oil and gas industry is cyclical and the industry is just coming out of a longer downturn, hence we are in a ramp-up phase now, receiving new orde ...
Cluster Insight with Birdview
Birdview is looking for financing to be able to recruit manpower that can accommodate a growing demand for their airborne ocean monitoring drone solut ...