Cluster Insight with ASTREA
– Having been a part of the subsea industry for decades I feel that GCE Ocean Technology is the proper forum where I can meet with companies that are going through difficult times and contribute with my knowledge and help, says Arvid Pettersen.
Cluster Insight is a column where we ask six questions to catch a glimpse into the daily business-lives of our cluster partners and members.
This week, we spoke with Arvid Pettersen to learn more about him and his work in ASTREA.
ASTREA AS is a company that offers services in the fields of recruitment and career advice, Management for Hire, as well as strategy and business development. They work towards companies in the private sector and public administration.
1. What is your role in ASTREA?
I work as a Business Consultant where the intention is to focus on advising management and owners as required and draw on my own experiences from many years in the business. In general, I will try to act as an added source of assistance to solve daily problems, or more in depth help if required.
2. Your main focus at work right now is?
As I’ve only just joined ASTREA, my main focus is to ‘spread the word’ and to approach potential clients. The challenge is of course the current restrictions of not being able to physically meet, something I think is of vital importance for any business relationship – at least initially.
3. Biggest challenges for ASTREA in the future?
As a consequence of the COVID-19 pandemic I think that the whole industry – being offshore or onshore focused – will have to change the way they work their business. This will not only apply to the industry, but also to ASTREA regarding how we approach our potential clients and what services we can offer.
4. Best part of being member in a cluster
Having been a member of the subsea industry for decades I feel that GCE Ocean Technology is the proper forum where I can meet with companies that are going through difficult times and experiencing challenges where I can contribute with my knowledge and help.
Most importantly though, is that all the novel work and ingenuity that is delivered from these companies are something that society – and our country – will need for many years, and we need to ensure that they are able to continue delivering.
5. Your business motto
When everything seems to be difficult – or not going your way – don’t give up – Roll up your sleeves or “Brett opp ermene”! as we say in Norway.
6. Which cluster member should we interview next?
Thank you for the insight Arvid.
Learn more about Astrea AS.
Astrea became a member of GCE Ocean Technolgy in 2020.
They offer services in the fields of recruitment and career advice, Management for Hire, as well as strategy and business development.
Astrea works towards companies in the private sector and public administration.
Cluster Insight with Prototech
– The Corona crisis has certainly impacted our operations, but order backlog is record high and our greatest challenge going forward is resource manag ...
Cluster Insight with Head Energy
– Our main focus right now is making sure our staff is healthy and safe and that we adhere to the infection control measures that are in place during ...
Cluster Insight with SOCON
3D printing in metals, use of robotics and laser technology are methods we are trying to adopt as supplements to our existing methods, says Einar Vind ...
Cluster Insight with TechnipFMC
The oil and gas industry is cyclical and the industry is just coming out of a longer downturn, hence we are in a ramp-up phase now, receiving new orde ...
Cluster Insight with Birdview
Birdview is looking for financing to be able to recruit manpower that can accommodate a growing demand for their airborne ocean monitoring drone solut ...
Cluster Insight with uSEA
– I am convinced that in the not too distant future, our industry will look very different from what it is today. And only if we see the waves beyond ...