Cluster Insight With Entech
From their TestLab in Arna in Bergen, Entech replicates the environment in an oil and gas well, to test the equipment and minimize risk, associated with the testing in the actual wells.
Cluster Insight is a column where we ask six questions to catch a glimpse into the daily business-lives of our cluster partners and members.
In last column, Frode Gaupås from Scantrol sent the baton over to Entech, so this week, we spoke with Jan Tore Tveranger to learn more about him and his work in Entech: A company that has created a platform for operators and entrepreneurs to bring innovative ideas to market. Mainly focusing on downhole technology.
1. What is your role in Entech?
As Chief Technology Officer I have the overall responsibility for design, engineering, and product qualification. In addition, I participate in feasibility studies for new technology development as well as managing the company's patent/IP portfolio.
2. Your main focus at work right now is?
We are currently doing preparations for upcoming field trials around the world involving several of our new products.
To minimize risk, associated with the testing in the actual wells, we set up and perform similar tests in our TestLab here in Arna, replicating the environment in the well with the same fluids, pressures, and temperatures that the equipment will be exposed to in real life.
3. Biggest challenges and opportunities for Entech in the future?
Being a small company, our biggest challenge currently is to manage growth in these turbulent times.
Biggest opportunity I would say is to be prepared for increased activity in the oil and gas marketplace when Covid loosens its grip of the world.
4. Best part of being member in a cluster
Exposure to a new and expanding network, gaining awareness about local initiatives like events, webinars, conferences etc.
Entech joined just a few months ago, and already we have had great help from the GCE Ocean Technology team at several occasions, solving practical challenges.
5. Your business motto
I'm not a big motto guy, so I had to do some googling to find something applicable: "You may not be able to control every situation and its outcome, but you can control your attitude and how you deal with it".
6. Which cluster member should we interview next?
Techni is a technology development locomotive, it would be interesting to hear more about how they are doing these days.
Thank you for the insight Jan Tore.
Established in Bergen, Norway, in 2017, Entech has created a platform for operators and entrepreneurs to bring innovative ideas to market. Mainly focused on downhole technology.
Outside of Europe, Entech is represented in North and South America and has an international network in Middle East and Asia.
Primarily serving the upstream oil and gas industry, our expertise includes engineering design, supply chain and manufacturing, project management and business development.
Entech applies systematic design and evaluation methodologies to ensure that the most promising ideas evolve into technologies that satisfy the widest range of customer requirements.
Every product launched by Entech is accompanied by a detailed business plan, including a commercial growth strategy, that brings the highest value and lowest risk to our stakeholders.
Since its inception, Entech has developed three cutting-edge product lines;
- Fantom™ Completion Accessories began commercial sales in 2019 in North America and Norway and continues to grow
- Superstage® Pinpoint Stimulation is scheduled for piloting in North America Q1 2021
- The Bossa Nova™ Smart Well System is in the final stages of development and qualification, with field trials starting in 2021
Cluster Insight With Scantrol
Frode Gaupås is searching for new markets in the subsea industry and is currently working on a feasibility study where they are mapping the need for v ...
Cluster Insight With TESS Vest
– We have increased our inventory and have more than 9 months of supplier goods available. This is to ensure a predictable supply of goods to our cust ...
Cluster Insight With DNB
– Previous crises have shown that to work closely with the clients is vital to finding good solutions in difficult times, says Thomas Johannessen from ...
Cluster Insight With DOF Subsea
– We have been successful in harvesting from the sea for hundreds of years and I am certain that with the geographical position we have as “Norwegians ...
Cluster Insight With Scantrol Deep Vision
– Although there is no guarantee that we will succeed, we think Deep Vision can revolutionize the fisheries as they are practiced today, says Hege Ham ...
Cluster Insight with Prototech
– The Corona crisis has certainly impacted our operations, but order backlog is record high and our greatest challenge going forward is resource manag ...
Cluster Insight with Head Energy
– Our main focus right now is making sure our staff is healthy and safe and that we adhere to the infection control measures that are in place during ...
Cluster Insight with TechnipFMC
The oil and gas industry is cyclical and the industry is just coming out of a longer downturn, hence we are in a ramp-up phase now, receiving new orde ...
Cluster Insight with uSEA
– I am convinced that in the not too distant future, our industry will look very different from what it is today. And only if we see the waves beyond ...
Cluster Insight with ASTREA
– Having been a part of the subsea industry for decades I feel that GCE Ocean Technology is the proper forum where I can meet with companies that are ...
Cluster Insight with SOCON
3D printing in metals, use of robotics and laser technology are methods we are trying to adopt as supplements to our existing methods, says Einar Vind ...