Cluster Insight with OneSubsea
– Treading new tracks is hard work, but also rewarding. This also goes for my work in terms of finding our way these days, says John Olav Fløisand, Manager for Emerging Energy and Low Carbon Solutions in OneSubsea Processing.
Cluster Insight is your window into the daily business-lives of the employees who work for the partners and members of GCE Ocean Technology.
1. What is your role in OneSubsea?
I lead the Emerging Energy and Low Carbon Solutions group at OneSubsea Processing.
Our focus is on repurposing our subsea technology and expertise in new areas and contributing to reducing carbon intensity for conventional subsea developments.
My group is also responsible for new technology development and digital enablement execution, crucial elements to accelerate innovation as we drive the new subsea era.
2. Your primary focus at work right now is?
We became a new company last October, doubling the size of our organization, as we joined forces with Aker Solutions. Needless to say, there is significant work ongoing right now to integrate the two teams while balancing short-term priorities vs long-term strategy.
3. Biggest challenges and opportunities for OneSubsea in the future?
The energy trilemma; balancing energy security, affordability, and sustainability, all at once.
This is a huge challenge, but I’m confident that it will also bring opportunities for our industry and society at large.
4. Best part of being member in a cluster?
Without a doubt, people. We have so much to learn from each other, technically, commercially and as an industry community.
The best being part of the cluster is the reduced distance between knowledge and experience it gives to its members.
5. Your business/life motto?
Communicate to motivate, motivate to communicate!
6. Which cluster member should we interview next?
Thank you for the insight, John Olav!
In critical high-pressure environments such as the deep subsea, integrity and partnership are vital.
We value transparency and believe in doing the right thing, taking great care to safeguard the trust others put in us.
This is the foundation upon which we deliver seamless solutions from pore to shore and everything in between.
Cluster Insight with Knowit
Trying to stay clear of this season’s viruses is one of many tasks that Torstein Fjelltveit Skagseth juggles in Knowit while driving innovations in th ...
Cluster Insight with RelyOn Nutec
– We can and will make an impact on the current shortage of skilled personnel, through training the right people the right way, says Daniele Casale, G ...
Cluster Insight with Digital Tvilling
To succeed with the green transition, we have to move forward from lucky and random improvement measures to systemic innovation throughout the value c ...
Cluster Insight with Reach Subsea
Bjørg Mathisen Døving, is Vice President of Reach Remote and leading their mission of launching the first Norwegian-flagged unmanned vessels of its ki ...
Cluster Insight with CCB Subsea
– Don’t be too afraid to share, trust that you have the will and power to do it best – or you just have to improve and do better, says Cecilie Sælen, ...
Cluster Insight with Saga Fjordbase
– The average turnaround time at our quays was reduced by 30% thanks to our custom logistics software and we are interested in connecting with pilot c ...
Cluster Insight with Goodtech
We aim to leverage our expertise in robotics, automation, electrification and digitalization to provide sustainable and profitable solutions for our c ...
Cluster Insight with Element One Energy
Norway's start-up ecosystem has yet to fully embrace the potential of deep tech companies according to CEO Anders Even Kvåle, Founder and CEO of Eleme ...