Norway sets 30GW offshore wind energy target
Norwegian Prime Minister Jonas Gahr Støre announced at a press conference this week that the Government will allocate areas for 30,000 MW (30 GW) for offshore wind production by 2040.
This corresponds to the amount of power that Norway produces today and will require 1500 offshore wind turbines connected to grid solutions with both hybrid and radiall cables:
Green industrial boost
The offshore wind energy target is part of a larger push by the Norwegian Governments goal of reducing CO2 emission by 50% and increase the export with 50% by 2030
– This is a green industrial boost in Norway and can provide abundant amounts of renewable energy in the future. The goal of the development is to give people and companies large amounts of reasonable power. If we are to achieve that, we have to invest now. And we must invest on a large scale, said Prime Minister Jonas Gahr Støre.
The government will accommodate for a large Norwegian industry within offshore wind in Norway, but will do so step by step in several allocation rounds to allow room to build up competence and experience.
– With the great ambitions of the government, Norwegian offshore wind will be able to play a central role in the European energy transition, said Minister of Petroleum and Energy Terje Aasland.
Steering several activities towards offshore wind
GCE Ocean Technology applauds the Norwegian Governments great ambitions within offshore wind and have several planned activities in the next few months where offshore wind will be a major theme:
- Join our cluster workshop, 18-19 May near Bergen
- Book one-on-one meetings with Equinor about offshore wind, 31 May, Bergen
- Join our Norwegian delegation or book a stand at Global Offshore Wind 2022, 21-22 June, Manchester, Uk
EU’s Innovation Fund launches €100 million call for innovative clean technology projects
The European Commission has launched a call for small-scale projects under the Innovation Fund, focusing on innovative technologies in renewable energ ...
Funding awarded for the best ideas
The best ideas coming out of our Cluster Workshop 18-19 May, will be funded by GCE Ocean Technology to support and kick-start new projects aimed at in ...
Annual Report 2021: Building blocks for change
Through great collaborative cluster-work in 2021, GCE Ocean Technology created more "building blocks" for the future energy transition and the need fo ...
Apply for pre-project funding to kick-start your idea
If you have an RDI-projects with potential to increase export and decrease global emissions, you can apply for pre-project funding from GCE Ocean Tech ...
GCE Ocean Technology Events
Klyngeworkshop: Ocean Innovation Lab
Vi inviterer våre partnere og medlemmer til en lunsj-til-lunsj workshop, for å bidra til å løse Norges store utfordringer innen energiomstilling og med å tette eksportgapet. Bli med oss til Solstrand for årets høydepunkt.
Solstrand Hotell & Bad, Solstrandvegen 200, Os
Equinor leverandørsamtaler: Havvind
Benytt muligheten til å få én til én-samtaler med Equinor om muligheter for norsk leverandørindustri innen havvind.
Auditoriet på VilVite, Thormøhlensgate 51, Bergen
Join the Norwegian delegation to Global Offshore Wind 2022
Being a part of this delegation will be a unique opportunity to showcase your products and services directly to key decision-makers, potential clients and leading experts within offshore wind.
Book a spot at the Norwegian pavilion at Global Offshore Wind 2022
Being a part of the Norwegian pavilion at the Global Offshore Wind Conference, will be a unique opportunity to showcase your products and services directly to key decision-makers, potential clients and leading experts within offshore wind.