Welcoming a new board in GCE Ocean Technology
A new board and nomination committee was elected at our Annual Meeting 28 April.
– I am honored to be elected as chairman of the board and truly look forward to continue developing one of Norway's strongest industry-driven clusters, with members from industry, research communities, entrepreneurs, investors, R&D and public institutions, says Remi Andre Breivik, Director Service LoF Projects Subsea Services in TechnipFMC and newly elected chairman of the board in GCE Ocean Technology.
– Our clusters’ ability to develop and create new ocean industries and balance the need for increased productivity with sustainable utilization and protection of marine resources, is key for our success. The green shift creates a huge space of opportunities for our members and our focus will be to support them in succeeding in this transition, Breivik explains.
– At the same time; energy from oil and gas, and that industry’s technology and competence muscle, will play an important role for decades to come, therefore the Norwegian O&G industry is still very important to further develop in the coming years, with many of our partners and members maintaining a high focus also within this industry.
A big thank you to the nomination committee and the partners and members at the annual meeting for placing the trust in me as chairman of the board. I look forward to supporting CEO Owe Hagesæther and his team on the continued great work they are doing, Breivik ends.
New board structure
The new board of directors in GCE Ocean Technology was elected at the annual meeting 28. April and the new board structure will be as follows for the next period:
- Remi Andre Breivik (TechnipFMC), Chairman
- Tor Willgohs Knudsen (Equinor), board member
- Tom Georg Indrevik (Øygarden kommune), board member
- Hege Hammersland (Scantrol Deep Vision), board member
- Kristin Sand Bakken (Corvus Energy), board member
- Kristin Wallevik (NORCE), board member
- Rolf Røssland (NUI), board member
- Øyvind Langedal (CCB), board member
- Christian James-Olsen (Wikborg Rein Advokatfirma), deputy member
- Hans Petter Klohs (Adepth Minerals), deputy member
- Marianne Lefdal (CGG), deputy member
- Vivian Torkelsen (Metas), deputy member
The members of the new nomination committee for 2022-2023 are:
- Tove Ormevik (Aker BP)
- Ranveig Nygaard Bjørk (NORCE)
- Mark Bokenfohr (Transmark Subsea)
GCE Ocean Technology would like to extend our greatest gratitude to the previous chairman of the board Jon Arve Sværen (OneSubsea), and the rest of the board members who are leaving the board; Tove Ormevik (Aker BP), Steinar Matre (Westcon Yards), Mark Bokenfohr (Transmark Subsea), Ranveig Nygaard Bjørk (NORCE) and Gunnar Birkeland (Unitech Energy) for their precious work in the board, especially concerning the renewal of our partnership agreement for the next five years.
We would also like to thank the previous nomination committee; Frode Røssland (NUI), Nina Broch Mathisen (Innovation Norway) and Ingmar Westervik (TechnipFMC).
Thank you all for your valuable work.
GCE Ocean Technology’s board is made up of senior executives from operating companies, system suppliers, SMEs, R&D, public and academic contributors.
The board members have international expertise and extensive experience in their respective fields.
Annual Report 2021: Building blocks for change
Through great collaborative cluster-work in 2021, GCE Ocean Technology created more "building blocks" for the future energy transition and the need fo ...
Tore Halvorsen – Keynote speaker on marine minerals opportunities at UTC
Join us at the Underwater Technology Conference (UTC) 14 – 16 June to learn more about marine minerals opportunities. 2023 could be a significant year ...
Korall Engineering chosen to partake in Equinor & Techstar’s worldwide Energy Accelerator Program
Korall Engineering, a member of the GCE Ocean Technology cluster, is one of the very few companies selected among hundreds of applicants from all arou ...
Apply for pre-project funding to kick-start your idea
If you have an RDI-projects with potential to increase export and decrease global emissions, you can apply for pre-project funding from GCE Ocean Tech ...
A battle plan for growth
Bergen based BSA Offshore brought their project and aspirations of a new business unit into our growth programme in 2018 and reached their goal of est ...