Guided by Experts and Peers in Scaling Up
Eight companies have worked alongside experts and peers for 12 weeks to create robust strategies for scaling up their company’s projects globally in our programme; 100ScaleUPs.
– An important factor that we learnt through this programme was the importance of opting out and focusing on the right things, something we did, and which today has resulted in a breakthrough for the product DrillWatch, says Bjarte Fagerås, ex-CEO of Octio Group and participant in 2018.
Fagerås has for the two last years functioned as a mentor for the participants in the programme including this year’s engaging group from: Head Energy Multicontrol, ProAnalysis, Greenstat, ProWellPlan, Dimeq, Aanderaa, CCB Subsea and Earth Science Analytics.
100ScaleUPs has been very helpful for ProAnalysis. The concept is in my opinion a perfect opportunity to learn a lot in a short period of time, Sindre Hansen, ProAnalysis
“Making Sure the Dog will Eat the Dogfood”
The ScaleUp programme is designed to stress test your growth strategy making sure that the market wants what you have to offer and boosting your growth with tools taught by world class lecturers at the Martin Trust Center for MIT Entrepreneurship.
The programme is divided in to 5 modules: market strategy, business model, international scaling, organizing the company, risk management and financing the growth.
MIT’s 24-step Disciplined Entrepreneurship roadmap was introduced digitally to this year’s participants.
One of the core modules is a week at MIT in Boston where the participants in addition to attending lectures also get to meet and mingle with MITs world class faculty and entrepreneurs.
This module was performed digitally this year due to Covid-19, by the reputable Professor Bill Aulet, Managing Director, Martin Trust Center for MIT Entrepreneurship, who gave the participants many a light-bulb moment through the 24-step Disciplined Entrepreneurship roadmap (photo).
This model is merging the best from methods like Lean Startup, Design Thinking, Jobs to Be Done and Business Model Canvas to give a roadmap in the entrepreneurial journey to success and make sure “the dog will eat the dogfood”.
Mind the Gap
With a trade deficit in 2019 amounting to 400 billion NOK (oil and gas excluded), Norway is dealing with an export gap having lost export market shares for the last 25 years in relation to comparable countries.
Growth and internationalisation programmes are one of the most concrete and effective tools that Norway has to meet the industrial changes and the green shift and to cover the export gap according to Owe Hagesæther, CEO of GCE Ocean Technology.
Candidates for the 100ScaleUPs programme are SMEs that have management resources, technology and expertise to really grow and internationalize.
– These companies are the value creators and employers of the future in Western Norway and in Norway, says Hagesæther.
GCE Ocean Technology has together with Norwegian Business School (BI), Martin Trust Center for MIT Entrepreneurship and VIS developed this unique scaling programme to engage growth and internationalisation for Norwegian small and medium sized companies. The class of 2020 was the 3rd alumni in our programme.
- An immersive 12-week learning experience with insights from a world-class faculty, experienced business mentors, investors and peers.
- A thorough scientific and business-oriented evaluation of your company, business model, strategy and growth potential
- Feedback, frameworks and tools to help you achieve rapid growth
- A programme designed to help you create and implement a scaling strategy for internationalisation and rapid growth
- 5-day module at Martin Trust Center for MIT Entrepreneurship in Boston with serial entrepreneur Bill Aulet and access to world class mentors
- Optional module at BI-Tsinghua Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship
Nail it – Scale It
Eight Norwegian companies received state of the art scaleup knowledge from Professor Bill Aulet from the Martin Trust Center for MIT Entrepreneurship ...
Unlock Growth in Your Company
It is a well known fact that Norway is lagging behind in the race of creating growth companies. Our scaleup programme 100Scalups, is designed to unloc ...