Nail it – Scale It
Eight Norwegian companies received state of the art scaleup knowledge from Professor Bill Aulet from the Martin Trust Center for MIT Entrepreneurship in Boston.
GCE Ocean Technology has together with BI, MIT and VIS developed a unique scaling programme to engage growth and internationalisation for Norwegian small and medium sized enterprises (SME’s) with potential of becoming considerable exporting companies.
We are now mid-way in this year’s cohort, which is the third programme since it's launch in 2018. Due to Covid-19 the 2020 ScaleUp-cohort in Boston and MIT was performed digitally this year, and with success!
Learning Entrepreneurship from the Best
The academic content of the MIT module of the ScaleUp-programme is based on the 24-step model of Disciplined Entrepreneurship.
This lecture was given by the author of the model himself, Professor Bill Aulet, Managing Director of the Martin Trust Center for MIT Entrepreneurship at MIT and Professor of the Practice at the MIT Sloan School of Management and MIT Sloan Executive Education.
Bill Aulet has put his 25 years of experience from business and start-ups into a unique framework that will surely increase the likelihood of success. It is very inspiring and motivating to work with concrete tools! - Jarle Kvamme, CFO of Earth Science Analytics.
A Highly Motivated ScaleUp Cohort
This year’s scaling cohort are a number of highly motivated and promising ocean technology companies:
- Head Energy Multicontrol
- Aanderaa Data Instruments
- CCB Subsea
- Earth Science Analytics
– As a lecturer, Bill Aulet is unsurpassed where he uses his concrete experiences and examples to illustrate the concepts in ScaleUp, says Inger Graves from Aanderaa Data Instruments.
– He gave us many insights on how to really go in depth to understand who the customer is and his / her needs. There are often surprises below the surface when you look at who influences the buyer and user of one's products. We are left with many specific follow-up points we will consider in the development of new business models, and evaluation of existing ones” adds Inger.
Inger Graves from Aanderaa Data Instruments, talking to the the other participants.
Nail It – Scale It / Land – Expand
The 24-step Disciplined Entrepreneurship model is merging the best from methods like Lean Startup, Design Thinking, Jobs to Be Done and Business Model Canvas to give a roadmap in the entrepreneurial journey to success.
Who is your customer, What can you do for your customer, How does your customer acquire your product, How do you make money off your product, How do you design and build your product, and not at least, How do you scale your business.
In the 3 intense days that this module lasted, the participants worked with identifying their core and how to protect “the crown jewels”, Cost of Customer Acquisition, Lifetime Value, Customer Persona, to name some.
- An immersive 12-week learning experience with insights from a world-class faculty, experienced business mentors, investors and peers.
- A thorough scientific and business-oriented evaluation of your company, business model, strategy and growth potential
- Feedback, frameworks and tools to help you achieve rapid growth
- A programme designed to help you create and implement a scaling strategy for internationalisation and rapid growth
- 5-day module at Martin Trust Center for MIT Entrepreneurship in Boston with serial entrepreneur Bill Aulet and access to world class mentors
- Optional module at BI-Tsinghua Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship
Unlock Growth in Your Company
It is a well known fact that Norway is lagging behind in the race of creating growth companies. Our scaleup programme 100Scalups, is designed to unloc ...
ScaleUp Programme – MIT Boston Module
Together with BI Norwegian Business School, Bergen Teknologioverføring (BTO) and Massachusetts Institute of Technology we are hosting a ScaleUp busine ...