29 pitches for Skjoldblad
The regional offshore wind suppliers in Bergen and Øygarden got to pitch their solutions in one-on-one meetings with key personnel from Skjoldblad: Iberdrola, TotalEnergies and Norsk Havvind.
– We wanted to meet the supplier industry in the Bergen region and Øygarden to learn about the valuable experience, expertise and capacity that exists in the region, as well as build relationships towards development, says Kjetil Andersen from Norsk Havvind.
29 companies got the chance to speed-date the Skjoldblad consortium. In the panel were managers and key personnel from Iberdrola, TotalEnergies and Norsk Havvind.
Connecting and building relationships
There are numerous hurdles to face in the route to getting a meeting with the big developers, so GCE Ocean Technology together with Skjoldblad, Øygarden Næringustvikling KF and Vest Næringsråd invited the SMBs in to pitch for them at this event.
– We in Semco find these supplier meetings useful as we can present ourselves exclusively for new business relations and establish connections that may materialise down the line, says Ole Angell from Semco Maritime, who let us in on his pitching session with Skjoldblad.
30GW by 2040 for Norway
The Norwegian government has set a 30GW offshore wind energy target by 2040.
– Through these types of events we create links between actors that hopefully can contribute to a robust Norwegian offshore wind value chain, that is competitive in the domestic and international markets, says Kai Stoltz, Business Development Manager in GCE Ocean Technology.
– This event was an excellent arena for us as suppliers to meet the partners in Skjoldblad; all three of which are large and important international companies, says Eivind Vethe, VP Wind Energy in 4Subsea.
– Skjoldblad lined up relevant personnel who listened to us, evaluated and arranged for potential follow-up meetings "on the fly". The event also contributed to good networking and was carried out in an efficient manner, says Vethe.
Believes in a local supply chain
Skjoldblad believes in a long-term industrial approach with a local foundation (local supply chain), where developers, supply chain, authorities, and other key stakeholders collaborate to develop a thriving new industry in Norway, thus this effort to get to know and mobilize the local supply chain.
– Very good execution and good attendance. We are impressed and satisfied! We also understand that the suppliers appreciated the day and the good conversations, says Andersen.
– I have attended several offshore wind conferences, but this one was different in a positive way as the Skjoldblad consortium gave the smaller companies a spot, says Tone Haveland, CEO in Powersim Software.
– This way of making business gives companies like Powersim Software a chance to get on board this exciting journey toward the green transition, ends Haveland.
GCE Ocean Technology together with Skjoldblad, Øygarden Næringustvikling KF and Vest Næringsråd organised a seminar followed by a series of one-on-one meetings with the local players within offshore wind in Bergen and Øygarden.
TotalEnergies, Iberdrola and Norsk Havvind have joined forces and established the Norwegian offshore wind venture Skjoldblad.
Smart use of public funding
The partnership with GCE Ocean Technology will come in handy when Bergen is to fortify its position as the leading Ocean City. Financing clusters is a ...
Launching Ocean Lunch & Learn webinar series
Showcase solutions and share your experiences in our new webinar series. Please contact us if you like to present. We are looking for members and part ...
An MIT Boston state of mind
The participants in our growth programme have been in Boston to boost their growth strategies by learning first hand from a world-renowned faculty; th ...
Cluster Insight with Fugro
– Urban resilience and the energy transition are both great examples of how society is positively adapting and transforming towards sustainability, an ...
Equinor & Techstars Energy Accelerator
Applications for this year’s program are now open and run until 30 November 2022. The program will be a physical cohort taking place in March to June ...
Call for abstracts - Securing global energy
The 29th annual Underwater Technology Conference will be back in Bergen, Norway 13 – 15th June 2023. We expect more than 500 delegates and 30 exhibito ...