America in Bergen
Representatives from Innovation Norway’s five offices in Canada, USA and South America visited us in Bergen recently, to show and tell about America and to learn more about our cluster work and innovative ecosystem.
The delegation visited Bergen to learn more about how the innovative environments and clusters work here. Moreover, to spread the word about how they can assist companies to enter the American markets.
– Since the drop in oil prices in 2014 our cluster has worked successfully with developing technology transfer opportunities to other markets with the cluster, said Owe Hagesæther, CEO of GCE Ocean Technology. – Our scaleup and crossover programmes introduces subsea companies to the needs in other industries like the the offshore wind- and aquaculture industries, he stated.
The delegation were introduced to the Ocean Innovation Showrom and the Norwegian Catapult Center by Solveig Holm from NCE Seafood Innovation Cluster. The projects are common initiatives among others the three players that were present at this meeting; VIS, NCE Seafood Innovation Cluster and GCE Ocean Technology.
Innovation Norway are kicking off several growth programmes across all key sectors in Americas in 2020 – apparently due to some of the trends that are predominant in America at the moment:
- The west coast of North America is gearing up to serve growing Asia-Pacific needs, and change will be seen to make key sectors such as fuel export, port upgrades, shipping and aquaculture more innovative, less costly, and more sustainable.
- An aging and urbanizing population in North America means high potential for health tech, and smart societies technologies currently seen in Norway.
- The oil and gas sector in North and South America is modernizing to meet global sustainability expectations.
- Polar activities, including research and resource development, are increasing the interest and demand for ruggedized technology for cold climate and remote locations.
Source: Innovation Norway
GCE Ocean Technology help our members entering in to new markets in several ways; with our market outlook seminars, growth and scale-up programmes, delegation trips to Asia, USA and Brazil and our agreement with Canada’s Ocean Supercluster, being just some of our many measures to assist.
All partners and members are welcome to contact us to learn more about our services regarding growing into new markets.