Welcoming a new board in GCE Ocean Technology
A new board and nomination committee were elected at GCE Ocean Technology’s annual meeting 9 May.
Remi Andre Breivik, Director of Service LoF Projects Subsea Services at TechnipFMC, was re-elected as the Chairman of the Board.
– I am honoured to continue serving as the chairman of the board and am excited about further developing one of Norway's strongest industry-driven clusters, says Breivik.
GCE Ocean Technology comprises partners and members from various sectors, including industry, academia and institutes, entrepreneurs, capital-, and public institutions.
– The rise of offshore wind, hydrogen, carbon capture and storage, and the potential market of marine minerals are emerging markets that present numerous opportunities for the cluster's members in addition to low emission oil and gas market, says Breivik. –The board's primary goal is to ensure that the clusters’ activities align with market developments.
Photo: Remi Andre Breivik, Director of Service LoF Projects Subsea Services at TechnipFMC
Breivik expressed his satisfaction with having a competent board to also contribute with continuing the strategic work, including the creation of a roadmap for GCE Ocean Technology for 2030.
– The board and I look forward to supporting CEO Owe Hagesæther and his team in their continued work, ends Breivik.
The new board of directors for the next period is as follows:
- Remi Andre Breivik (TechnipFMC), Chairman
- Tor Willgohs Knudsen (Equinor), board member
- Tom Georg Indrevik (Øygarden kommune), board member
- Hege Hammersland (Scantrol Deep Vision), board member
- Kristin Sand Bakken (Corvus Energy), board member
- Aina Margrethe Berg (NORCE), board member
- Rolf Røssland (NUI), board member
- Cecilie Sælen (CCB Subsea), board member
- Hans Petter Klohs (Adepth Minerals)
- Marianne Lefdal (CGG)
The new nomination committee for 2023-2024 consists of:
- Tove Ormevik (Aker Carbon Capture Norway)
- Mark Bokenfohr (Aanderaa by Xylem)
GCE Ocean Technology expressed our gratitude to the departing board members, including Kristin Wallevik (NORCE), Christian James-Olsen (Wikborg Rein Advokatfirma), Øyvind Langedal (CCB), and Vivian Torkelsen (Imenco Metas), for their valuable contributions. Ranveig Nygaard Bjørk (NORCE), who is leaving the nomination committee, was also acknowledged and thanked for her work.
GCE Ocean Technology's board consists of senior executives from industrial partners, SMEs, R&D and public institutions and academic contributors. These board members possess extensive experience in their respective fields.