Aiming for active collaboration
Aker Solutions at Ågotnes becomes a partner in GCE Ocean Technology with the aim of an active collaboration.
Aker Solutions' local branch at Ågotnes in Øygarden signed a new collaboration agreement with GCE Ocean Technology in August.
Aker Solutions has activities all over the world. For the company's operations at Ågotnes, most of the work involves the installation, service and maintenance of equipment that is placed on the seabed by the oil and gas installations.
– This equipment will produce for many years, and our job is to keep it in operation as much and as long as possible, says Atle Saure Lokøy, who is the company's Pursuit Manager at Ågotnes, responsible for business development and technical sales.
A clear goal
The goal of the partnership with GCE Ocean Technology is clear. This means taking responsibility for developing collaboration that can bring forth new technology and new services that the operators on the Norwegian continental shelf will need. Not least when they have to adapt to a greener future.
– If we don’t collaborate with the smart companies around us, others will, so we have to seize such opportunities. The operators want the suppliers to share knowledge and collaborate on developing the technology they will need, and as a major player we have a responsibility to bring other companies in the industry along with us. If someone can spin off our ideas, or we can play with others’, we can develop new products and services. In that context, GCE Ocean Technology is an ideal arena, says Lokøy.
Goes to great lengths to share
The technology the operators are demanding is increasingly about making the offshore industry greener.
The operators on the NCS, like everyone else, must align themselves with the Paris Agreement and reduce emissions significantly by 2030 when the world will not look like it does today. Thus, the supplier industry must develop green technology that meets the operators' needs.
Such solutions are already being developed by Aker Solutions, not least in simplifying and digitizing processes.
– We obviously think about our own business and do not give away business secrets, but we go to great lengths to achieve good collaboration. If no one shares anything, we won't get any further, says Lokøy.
He has already registered great commitment among the employees in Aker Solutions who are motivated by being able to contribute to the GCE Ocean Technology cluster.
– We want to show ourselves and everyone around us that we are part of something bigger. We want to be an active member, to reap the most value out of our partnership, says Lokøy.
A junction box
An active partnership also means participating in forums and events where the major topics in the industry are discussed and where relevant knowledge is exchanged.
– GCE Ocean Technology is a junction box for us who work in this industry. They are skilled and do a good job, not least in facilitating collaboration and through events where we can participate and learn and meet students and recent graduates. They are also responsive to our input on what we think they can offer us, and that is also an important element, says Lokøy.
Aker Solutions Ågotnes
- Aker Solutions delivers integrated solutions, products and services to the global energy industry.
- Ågotnes is Aker Solutions' largest service base, spread across an area of 25,000 square meters. Here the Company provide a comprehensive service and support facility to the clients.
- The service base was established in 1994 and today consists of state-of-the-art office facilities, and five workshops with test pits, test bays and clean rooms.
- Since 1990, the Ågotnes office have installed and commissioned nearly 200 subsea trees, tubing hangers and wellheads.
The base at Ågotnes provides the following life-of-field support:
- Engineering support including EPC project onshore and offshore support, refurbishment and upgrade of all controls equipment, testing, training, and troubleshooting control systems in a safe environment, technical studies and modifications, and Increased Oil Recovery solutions:
- Offshore installation and intervention support
- Onshore maintenance, refurbishment and upgrade of subsea trees, control system and intervention workover systems
- Maintenance, repairs and recertification of tools.
Akers Solutions is one of 18 partners from industry, R&D, academia and public bodies, which has recently signed a new 5-year agreement with GCE Ocean Technology.
The partners in the cluster are the leading force, and the backbone of the cluster's strategic work.
The partners get access to various arenas and projects where they meet potential customers, suppliers and partners.
Here, valuable knowledge is developed and shared between the cluster's +150 partners, members and collaborators.
Benefits considerably from cluster collaboration
Knowledge and information exchange with the GCE Ocean Technology cluster is greatly beneficial for both for NTNU and the cluster companies. - Being a ...
UiS builds unique expertise
Offshore wind is in the spotlight like never before at the University of Stavanger (UiS). There are constant incoming signals suggesting investment o ...
An important role as strategic partner
As a major local player with extensive international activity, OneSubsea has an important role to play as a strategic partner in GCE Ocean Technology. ...
Must be close to the industry
Collaboration between academia and business is very important for innovation and the entrepreneurial spirit in Western Norway. – GCE Ocean Technology ...
CCB - with wind in their sails
A new Sotra road system, a cargo port at Ågotnes, minerals at the bottom of the sea, and not least prospects for a huge wind power development in the ...
Unique programme for rapid growth
A new round of the Ocean Tech Scaling Program will start this autumn, where selected companies will have a unique opportunity to develop their growth ...
Invaluable knowledge bank
The Institute of Marine Research (IMR) is a world leader in marine research and consulting, and consequently a very important partner in GCE Ocean Tec ...
Together for a faster energy transition
– We want to enable our customers and collaborators to handle the energy transition faster. These are the words of Mads Arild Eidem, Head of Section ...
– We have to pull together!
– GCE Ocean Technology is a great platform, with members covering the entire ocean supply chain. A professional environment that offers new impulses a ...
UiB signs new partnership agreement
The University of Bergen has entered into a new partnership agreement with GCE Ocean Technology to strengthen the dialogue and collaboration with the ...