Napkin Ideas can Make Big Business
–Every idea is worth documenting says Jan Tore Tveranger CTO of Entech. The company takes good ideas methodically and efficiently to market.
Entech’s idea bank contains everything from sketches on napkins to detailed business plans, says Jan Tore Tveranger, Chief Technology Officer from Entech – a startup company founded in 2017 and a new member of GCE Ocean Technology.
Entech recently launched their “Technology Partner Initiative” and now welcomes anyone to contribute with new ideas or pose challenging problems that need solutions.
Entech successfully designed, fabricated and tested three different prototypes during their first three months of operations, Jan Tore Tveranger, CTO of Entech
From Idea to Market
The ideas from Entech’s idea bank that passes initial screening, goes through a feasibility study where the potential project's relevant factors are taken into account and to ascertain the likelihood of completing the project successfully.
– If they pass our evaluation matrix, the ideas become development projects. This is where we design, prototype and quality check the products, says Tveranger.
The product is thereafter validated and goes through piloting and field trials before they continue into the final phase called “offloading”.
– Offloading means executing one of three strategies: Establishing a sales and distribution channel, licensing to a service partner, or selling the intellectual property, says Tveranger.
– We wanted to become part of GCE Ocean Technology to expand our local network in Bergen and Norway. Up until now, we have been focusing our efforts in the oil and gas markets outside Norway, but we want to explore the opportunities to grow business locally, also within renewables. Just now it seems to be a positive drive around this, and we would like to be a part of it, says Tveranger.
– Another aspect is to find new partners that we can help by levering our global network. So hopefully we can make this work both ways, Tveranger ends.
Established in Bergen, Norway, in 2017, Entech has created a platform for operators and entrepreneurs to bring innovative ideas to market. Mainly focused on downhole technology.
Outside of Europe, Entech is represented in North and South America and has an international network in Middle East and Asia.
Primarily serving the upstream oil and gas industry, our expertise includes engineering design, supply chain and manufacturing, project management and business development.
Entech applies systematic design and evaluation methodologies to ensure that the most promising ideas evolve into technologies that satisfy the widest range of customer requirements.
Every product launched by Entech is accompanied by a detailed business plan, including a commercial growth strategy, that brings the highest value and lowest risk to our stakeholders.
Since its inception, Entech has developed three cutting-edge product lines;
- Fantom™ Completion Accessories began commercial sales in 2019 in North America and Norway and continues to grow
- Superstage® Pinpoint Stimulation is scheduled for piloting in North America Q1 2021
- The Bossa Nova™ Smart Well System is in the final stages of development and qualification, with field trials starting in 2021
Jan Tore Tveranger is CTO in Entech and has long experience from development and qualification of downhole technology.
His background includes field work, entrepreneurship, R&D Management and business development. JT holds several patents to his name.