Meet Karianne – New EU Advisor for the Cluster
Karianne Kojen Andersen has startet in the position as EU Advisor for GCE Ocean Technology and VIS. She will among other things, help our partners and members with free advise about EU financing.
The position is a central part of the strategy for increased value creation in the business sector through increased participation in international research and innovation projects, as well as further development of Norway as an ocean nation.
A Resource for the Cluster
Karianne will be working to mobilize for increased collaboration and participation in EU projects with the main focus on marine renewable energy, subsea mining (deep sea mining) and aquaculture.
Karianne will be working with the following issues:
- Identifying and informing about upcoming project funding calls in the EU
- Assist partners and members with producing top quality applications for EU funding
- Facilitate closer cooperation between and connect different stakeholders to larger initiatives
- Contribute to establishing European consortia and promote participation in key forums in the EU to influence future calls for proposals
- Mobilize the business community to increased participation in EU projects
If you are a partner or member of the cluster and are wondering about EU issues, don’t hesitate to contact Karianne to discuss the matter with her.
Karianne will divide her time between our cluster and members of VIS.
We welcome Karianne to the cluster.
Karianne holds a Masters degree in European relations from NTNU and Université de Pau et des Pays de l’Adour, and has broad experience from working with EU funding and EU policy both in Brussels and Norway.
She comes from a position in Diku – the Norwegian Agency for International Cooperation and Quality Enhancement in Higher Education, and has recent experience from working with Horizon 2020 as an EU advisor in Innovation Norway.