The offshore wind conference Science Meets Industry
25. October 2022, 10:00 - 16:00
The University Aula at the University of Bergen, Muséplass 3, Bergen.Register for event
Welcome to the offshore wind conference Science Meets Industry 2022, 25 October in Bergen.
The purpose of the Science Meets Industry Bergen is knowledge exchange between academia, industry and public sector on offshore wind.
The conference is organized by Bergen Offshore Wind Centre (BOW), NORCE and GCE Ocean Technology.
10:00 Opening addresses
- Keynote: From DONG to Ørsted - what lessons can we learn? Christina Aabo, Aabo Energy
- Offshore wind for the petroleum industry, Jon Barratt Nysæther, Odfjell Ocean Wind
- Ambitions for the global offshore wind industry, Sebastian Bringsværd, Aker Offshore Wind
- Metocean conditions at Sørlige Nordsjø II and Utsira Nord, Etienne Cheynet, University of Bergen (UiB)
- Faster permission process for Norwegian offshore wind? Sigrid Eskeland Schütz, University of Bergen
- 3 GW in Norwegian waters before 2030 – what does it take? Atle Blomgren, NORCE, Sigrid Eskeland Schütz, UiB, and Jan Fredrik Stadaas, Equinor
- Offshore wind in the North Sea – outlook from Finn Gunnar Nielsen, UiB
15:00 Energy islands
16.00 Reception and networking
Participation and Costs
The conference is open for all and free of charge.
The conference is a collaboration between:
The Aula at the University of Bergen was brimming with participants at last years cconference Science Meets Industry, were the offshore wind industry, politicians, academia and other energy players were invited to learn more about the status and future of offshore wind.