The Offshore Wind Conference Science Meets Industry
29. September 2020, 13:00 - 15:00
Event registration is closed.
We are very much looking forward to presenting you with this year's exciting programme.
The purpose of the Science Meets Industry Bergen is knowledge exchange between academia, industry and public sector on offshore wind.
Due to the recent developments in the COVID-19 situation in Bergen it was decided that there will be no physical conference in Bergen 29 September 2020. The programme for the Science Meets Industry conference will be split in two parts:
Part 1 - Webinar: 29 September 2020, 13:00-15:00 (CET)
Programme: Hywind Tampen technical challenges and solutions
13:00 Hywind Tampen – status and the way forward, Olav-Bernt Haga, Project director Hywind Tampen, Equinor
13:20 Hywind Tampen: A Regulatory Gamechanger for Norwegian Offshore Wind? Ignacio Herrera Anchustegui, Associate professor, Faculty of Law/Bergen Offshore Wind Centre (BOW), University of Bergen
13:40 Hywind Tampen substructure Project Execution and Marine Operations, Erik Stormyr, Project Manager, Kværner
14:00 Hywind Tampen Marine Operations, Fredrik von der Fehr, Project Manager, KDS JV (DOF Subsea)
14:20 Hywind Tampen Wergeland Base operations, Irene Wergeland, CEO, Wergeland Group
14:40 SCADA as a foundation for digitalization and intelligent services, Rune Reinertsen, Sales and Marketing Director, Origo Solutions
15:00 End of webinar
Part 2 - Physical Seminar: Date TBA
The second part will be a seminar (preferably physical) at a later date, covering the rest of the original programme and with more emphasis on networking.
Preliminary program (changes may occur)
- Opening address, Marte Mjøs Persen, Mayor of Bergen
- Offshore Wind in Norway, TBA, OED
- What offshore wind means for value creation and employment in Denmark and Europe, Christina Aabo, Head of R&D, Ørsted
- The RAVE program in Germany, TBA
- Biological aspects to consider with opening of areas for electricity production offshore, Henning Wehde, Progamme Director, Institute of Marine Research
Updates from academia/industry
- Impact of wind field formulation on the dynamic response of offshore wind turbines, Astrid Nybø, PhD candidate, Bergen Offshore Wind Centre (BOW), University of Bergen
- Verification of NORA3 reanalysis data for offshore wind power purposes, Ida Marie Solbrekke, PhD candidate, Bergen Offshore Wind Centre (BOW), University of Bergen.
- An experimental study on the effects of winglets on the tip of a model wind turbine, Thomas Hansen, Postdoctorial Fellow, Bergen Offshore Wind Centre (BOW), University of Bergen
- Spin off – NORCE Machine prognostics, TBA, NORCE
- Data-driven life extension of offshore wind turbines, Peter Jenkins, CEO, 4Subsea
Participation and Costs
The seminar is free of charge and open for all participants, but registration is mandatory.
Register with the University of Bergen.
Please note: All participants registered for the webinar AND all participants who were registered for the original physical conference (also waiting list) will be sent a Zoom link to the webinar on Tuesday 29 September 2020.
The aula at the University of Bergen was brimming with over 170 participants at last year,s conference Science Meets Industry, were the offshore wind industry, politicians, academia and other energy players were invited to learn more about the status and future of offshore wind.