Subsea Innovation Day: Autonomy
16. September 2019, 09:00 - 16:00
Radison Blu Royal Hotel. Bryggen 5, Bergen
Reserve 16 September to participate at our annual Subsea Innovation Day. You will learn about several “world-first” projects performed and in the making.
This is the event for all people working with technology, and managers and business developers who would like to find new possibilities.
This year’s focus will be on opportunities and challenges related to autonomy. We will receive input from major players on ongoing projects, challenges and possibilities, as well as visions for the future. Start-up companies will present their novel ideas, which could represent the next step for autonomous offshore operation.
- Equinor: Pål Atle Solheimsnes, Leading advisor - Subsea Intervention & Diving, will present their ongoing project and vision for Underwater Intervention Drones.
- Swire Seabed: Jan Arvid Ingulfsen, Senior Advisor Survey & AUV Operations, will present their first autonomous inspection of pipeline, and how they work to further increase autonomy in their operations.
- OneSubsea: Hans Fredrik Kjellnes, Product Champion – Subsea Boosting & Compression Systems, will present uROV - Rethinking Subsea Field Operation and Design using Drone Technology.
- Offshore Sensing: David Peddie, CEO and Founder, will present the world’s first Atlantic crossing by an unmanned surface vehicle - Lessons Learned and Future Possibilities.
- NTNU: Asgeir Sørensen, Professor and Director AMOS, will present how they support industry with competence to develop the next generation of autonomous systems.
- BirdView: Will present their novel solution where they use airborne drones with probes into the water for cost effective ocean monitoring.
- uSEA Technologies, Felipe Lima CEO and Founder to present The Future of Subsea Survey.
- Aker BP: Terje Hammer Meling, Senior Engineer Subsea Technology, Field of the Future.
- NORCE: Agnar Sivertsen, Senior Researcher. Real-time autonomous monitoring using unmanned aerial vehicle (UAS).
- UiB: Lars-Kristian Trellevik, Senior Engineer, will present the programme YOUEXPLORE Innovation; Young innovators - Radical Ideas. The presentation will also include pitches from last yeast winners of Blått Hav.
- Equinor: Nina Reiersgaard, Enterprise Data Management to present A data Driven Energy Future - the Ecosystem Perspective. The presentation will cover Equinor’s work to establish guidelines for data management and ownership, and how good data sharing can strengthen the industry.
- Ocean Innovation Norwegian Catapult: Gisle Nondal, CEO, will present How to Catapult your Ideas to the Market.
- UiB: Bjørn Tore Hjertaker, Professor, to present how student projects can be used to explore new possibilities.
Participation and Costs
The event is open for all and free of charge for GCE Ocean Technology partners, members and students. Non-member fee is 1500,- NOK, payable by credit card at registration.
Learn more about GCE Ocean Technology Membership.
Register at the registration page by Wednesday 11 September. If you are a partner or member of the cluster register with your work e-mail to register for free.
About Subsea Innovation Day
Our Subsea Innovation Day has become a successful annual meeting place for the subsea industry.
Focus is on the many technology challenges and opportunities facing the industry.
The event is a combination of knowledge sharing, inspirational presentations and workshop.