Membership in Norwegian Forum for Marine Minerals
GCE Ocean Technology has become a member of the Norwegian Forum for Marine Minerals (NMM) which, among other things, will enable us to contribute to strenghtening the Norwegian environment’s international contacts and influence in the field of marine minerals.
NMM is an association of industry and research actors who work together to develop knowledge and expertise and a Norwegian industry aimed at sustainable and responsible exploration and extraction of marine mineral resources.
GCE Ocean Technology was one of the initiators of establishing NMM as a national interest organisation and advisory body for the industry and the Norwegian authorities. Moreover, we sit on the board together with Equinor, TechnipFMC, Swire Seabed, DNV GL, NTNU Trondheim and University of Bergen, who are all members or partners of GCE Ocean Technology
The forum’s goal is to :
- Strengthen cooperation between industry, trade and research environments, authorities and other organisations.
- Become an industry organisation for all relevant actors in the field of marine minerals.
- Contribute to developing common Norwegian strategies for sustainable exploration and extraction of marine mineral resources.
- Be a national mouthpiece for the extraction of marine minerals.
- Strenghten the Norwegian environment’s international contact and influence in the field of marine minerals. This means, inter alia, contributing to the establishment of and participation in international networks of corresponding forums.
We encourage our cluster partner and members to consider a membership.
Membership fee per year is for:
- Small organisations (<10 employees): 10.000,- NOK
- Medium -sized organisations (<250 employees): 25.000,- NOK
- Large organisations (>250 employees): 50.000,- NOK
Marine Mineral Resources
Marine mineral resources in this context are understood as mineral deposits, other than petroleum deposits, found on or under the seabed.
A New Technical Frontier in Our Oceans
The Norwegian industry and academia met last week in Oslo to establish a national association and resource group for deep sea mining. Exploration of ...
New Marine Mineral Discovery
The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate (NPD) announced the success of their first marine mineral cruise at this year’s Underwater Mining Conference (UMC) ...