Subsea Next Course
09 - 11. April 2024
Bergen, Askøy, ØygardenRegister for event
Get a proper introduction to subsea technology through our three-day subsea course that takes place at Equinor, OneSubsea and TechnipFMC sites in the Bergen area.
We will bring you to world leading companies, where you will receive an introduction to their products and technologies from the subsea industry in the Bergen region of Norway.
The unique mix of visiting Equinor, one of the world’s leading operators of subsea development, in combination with the leading subsea system developers OneSubsea and TechnipFMC, will give you the latest insight within subsea technologies and a good understanding of subsea production systems.
This three-day course is aimed at engineers who are:
- new to the offshore industry
- transferring to the subsea industry from other disciplines
- refresher for experienced engineers to update their subsea knowledge
Most of the course will be presented in a classroom, but will also be combined with tours of the factories, giving you hands-on experience of the subsea building blocks.
The course will also be interactive and there will be opportunities to ask questions and discuss with the expert presenters about what has been learnt.
In particular, visual components have been included wherever possible to enable delegates to view products, both hardware and software, destined for subsea service.
Programme Day One, 9 April
Venue: Equinor's offices at Sandsli, Bergen
- Why Subsea Production?
- Flow assurance – From pore to process
- Building blocks for a standard subsea field
- Gullfaks field history
- New technologies
- Inspection Maintenance and Repair (IMR)
- Future subsea operations with use of drones
- Decommissioning – “Cleaning up”
- Carbon Capture and Storage and CO2 injection
- Sustainable energy, Offshore Wind generating systems, floating and bottom fixed
Programme Day Two, 10 April
Venue: OneSubsea at Horsøy, Askøy
- Subsea processing building blocks
- Optimize production from pore to process – The key to improve production and recovery
- Increase production on the seabed by Multiphase Boosting Pump System
- Subsea Substation for Offshore Wind
- Active use of multiphase meters for production optimization
- Tour of OneSubsea's workshop
- Inspect production & assembly of subsea multiphase meters
- Inspect subsea multiphase pumps & compressors
- Inspect multiphase test loop facility
- ClampOn Subsea Instrumentation
- Application of subsea instrumentation
- Condition Monitoring; Pipe Integrity, Vibration, Corrosion, Erosion
- Subsea Leak Detection on the seabed:
- Available technology review
- Field selection considerations
- Regularory Expectations for monitoring leakages on the seabed
18.30 Course Dinner in the center of Bergen
Programme Day Three, 11 April
Venue: TechnipFMC at Ågotnes, Øygarden
Presentation of main subsea systems. Also, the use of animation to visualize the different installation sequences:
- wellhead tool and equipment
- X-mas tree
- flow control module
- tubing hanger & tree cap
- subsea control module
- work over tool and control system
- intervention tools
Tour of TechnipFMC’s workshop to witness key subsea building blocks like subsea X-mas trees, flow control modules, intervention tools, etc
- Subsea field development and operation
- Operational experience for a subsea field
- Pipeline systems
- Pipeline repair systems (PRS)
16:15 Transportation to Bergen or Flesland Airport
Participation and Costs
The following fees apply:
- GCE Ocean Technology member rate NOK 13.000,- + VAT
- Non member rate NOK 15.000,- + VAT
Refreshments, transportation to/from Bergen and copy of the course notes are included in the fees.
Travelling costs to Bergen and accommodation is not included in the fee and must be handled by the participants themselves.
We recommend a hotel in the city centre, in example: Hotel Scandic Ørnen, would be a good choice.
- Cancellations later than 4 weeks before the course starts, is subject to a fee of 3.000,- + VAT NOK.
- Cancellations later than 10 days before the course starts, will not be refunded.
- Cancellations must be in writing and sent to email@example.com.
This course is organised in collaboration with: