Norwegian Forum for Marine Minerals (NMM)
NMM is an association of industry and research actors who work together to develop knowledge and expertise, and a Norwegian industry aimed at sustainable and responsible exploration and extraction of marine mineral resources.
The forum's goal:
- Strengthen cooperation between industry, trade and research environments, authorities and other organisations and persons with interests in marine minerals.
- Become an industry organisation for all relevant actors in the field of marine minerals.
- Contribute to developing common Norwegian strategies for sustainable exploration and extraction of marine mineral resources.
- Be a national mouthpiece for the extraction of marine minerals.
- Strengthen the Norwegian environment's international contact and influence in the field of marine minerals. This means, inter alia, contributing to the establishment of and participation in international networks of corresponding forums.
|Project Owners||NTNU (host). 15 members in Spring 2020, including GCE Ocean Technology.|
|Funding||Members fee and in-kind from participants|
|Result||Wanted end result is to place marine minerals high on the Norwegian agenda as an emerging ocean industry.|
Membership in Norwegian Forum for Marine Minerals
GCE Ocean Technology has become a member of the Norwegian Forum for Marine Minerals (NMM) which, among other things, will enable us to contribute to s ...
New Marine Mineral Discovery
The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate (NPD) announced the success of their first marine mineral cruise at this year’s Underwater Mining Conference (UMC) ...