Launching Fourth Edition of Growth Programme
We are now recruiting participants to our fourth growth programme 100ScaleUPs, designed to unlock rapid growth in companies.
GCE Ocean Technology has together with BI, MIT and VIS developed a unique scaling programme to engage growth and internationalisation for Norwegian small and medium sized enterprises (SME’s) with potential of becoming considerable exporting companies.
We are now recruiting companies for the fourth edition of the programme; 100ScaleUPs starting fall 2021. The programme will be executed in Bergen, Norway and in Boston led by the Martin Trust Center for MIT Entrepreneurship (digital execution if necessary).
– An important factor that we learnt through this programme was the importance of opting out and focusing on the right things, something we did, and which today has resulted in a breakthrough for the product Drillwatch, says Bjarte Fagerås, ex-CEO of Octio Group and participant in 2018.
Fagerås has for the two last years functioned as a mentor for the participants in the programme including this year’s engaging group from: Head Energy Multicontrol, Pro Analysis, Greenstat, Pro Well Plan, Dimeq, Aanderaa a Xylem brand, CCB Subsea and Earth Science Analytics.
Bill Aulet has put his 25 years of experience from business and start-ups into a unique framework that will surely increase the likelihood of success. It is very inspiring and motivating to work with concrete tools! - Jarle Kvamme, CFO of Earth Science Analytics.
“Making Sure the Dog will Eat the Dogfood”
The ScaleUp programme will give you insight and important knowledge on how to grow your business and develop new and international markets. It is designed to stress test your growth strategy making sure that the market wants what you have to offer (“that the dog will eat the dogfood”) and boosting your growth with tools taught by world class lecturers at the Martin Trust Center for MIT Entrepreneurship.
The programme is divided in to 5 modules: market strategy, business model, international scaling, organizing the company, risk management and financing the growth.
Photo: MIT’s 24-step Disciplined Entrepreneurship roadmap introduced digitally to this year’s participants.
One of the core modules is a week at MIT in Boston where the participants in addition to attending lectures also get to meet and mingle with MITs world class faculty and entrepreneurs.
This module is led by the reputable Professor Bill Aulet, Managing Director, Martin Trust Center for MIT Entrepreneurship, who give the participants many a light-bulb-moment through the 24-step Disciplined Entrepreneurship roadmap (photo).
The model is merging the best from methods like Lean Startup, Design Thinking, Jobs to Be Done and Business Model Canvas to give a roadmap in the entrepreneurial journey to success and make sure “the dog will eat the dogfood”.
The programme is funded by: Sparebanken Vest, Bergen Municipality, Stiftelsen Teknologiformidling and Vestland County Council.
- An immersive 12-week learning experience with insights from a world-class faculty, experienced business mentors, investors and peers.
- A thorough scientific and business-oriented evaluation of your company, business model, strategy and growth potential
- Feedback, frameworks and tools to help you achieve rapid growth
- A programme designed to help you create and implement a scaling strategy for internationalisation and rapid growth
- 5-day module at Martin Trust Center for MIT Entrepreneurship in Boston with serial entrepreneur Bill Aulet and access to world class mentors
The programme is funded by: Sparebanken Vest, Bergen Municipality and Vestland County Council.
Guided by Experts and Peers in Scaling Up
Eight companies have worked alongside experts and peers for 12 weeks to create robust strategies for scaling up their company’s projects globally in o ...
GCE Ocean Technology Events