Application and Evaluation Process
We recommend that you contact GCE Ocean Technology prior to applying for pre-project funding. This helps us guide you better on how and if you should apply.
Step 1: Write the application using the following template
Step 2: Save the application and send it in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org
Step 3: GCE Ocean Technology evaluates the project proposal and gets back to you about the way forwards
Note: For simplicity, GCE Ocean Technology uses Innovation Norway's template "Innovasjonsrammen" for all applications for pre-project funding.
The source of funding and your contract partner might vary in different pre-projects between GCE Ocean Technology and Innovation Norway. We will inform you about this during Step 3 above.
The GCE Ocean Technology management team decides the allocation of project funding based on a recommendation from the Research, Development and Innovation (RDI) Task Force.
Project proposals are evaluated confidentially by the RDI Task Force, consisting of:
- Gisle Nondal, GCE Ocean Technology, leads the Task Force
- Sigve Angell Arnøy, Aker Solutions
- Jens Kristian Fosse, Western Norway University of Applied Sciences
- Bjarte Fagerås, OCTIO
- Marie Bueie Holstad, NORCE
- Karl Herman Frantzen, Equinor
- Jon O. Hellevang, GCE Ocean Technology, observer
- Øystein Bjaanes, DNV GL
- Mathilde Kallestad, Innovation Norway, observer
If there are individuals in this group who should not read your application, or if special confidentiality measures are needed, we ask to be notified of this when the application is submitted.
We evaluate all applications in relation to our current goals and strategies, and emphasise the following:
- Project group (number of participants, link industry-R&D, international collaboration)
- Innovation and research level
- Project quality (realisation, risk, potential to get external funding)
- Value creation for the participants
- Value creation for the cluster and society at large